Need a good wireless router, which one ???

Ok so I got a new computer and decided to go wireless so we could also get the wii, psp, laptop on line too.
I bought this one
maplin.co.uk/Mod…288
Which in a word was useless the internet was slowwww if it loaded at all and the wii kept losing connection if it ever connected at all.
So which one do you guys think would be better I dont want to spend a fortune but dont mind paying a bit extra if its gonna do the job properly.
Im running vista and have virgin broadband, Thanks.

6 Comments

I've got a Linksys WRT54(something or other) which I've been very impressed with, cost about £35 when I bought it 18 months ago, so I guess its been superceded by something newer and probably cheaper by now. Anyway, laptop, desktop and xbox all online through it within 20mins of unpacking it. brilliant range and its not much bigger than a couple of fag packets. If all Linksys stuff is this good, I'd go with one of them.

edited to add: also on Vista and Virgin

is it virgin cable or adsl broadband?

I use the Netgear DG834GT and have done for some time without any probs. Wii, 2 x laptops and main pc connected. Important thing to remember is to keep an eye on the makers web for software upgrades.

Original Poster

esq3585;3986227

is it virgin cable or adsl broadband?

its virgin

Deepwater;3986715

I use the Netgear DG834GT and have done for some time without any probs. … I use the Netgear DG834GT and have done for some time without any probs. Wii, 2 x laptops and main pc connected. Important thing to remember is to keep an eye on the makers web for software upgrades.

Use netgear at home and friends that i have set up - EVERY time get a netgear - no issues and great customer support (IF ever required)

Choose wisely if you want to be able to use 2 xbox 360's online at the same time with an Open status or 2 ps3's with nat2.

The netgear dg834 and variants do not work with 2 as Upnp is not working as it should.

zyxel 660 works with 2 this is adsl modem router though, dlink 634m works with 2 624m does as well one of the dlinks is an adsl modem router though the other is just a router I own them as well which makes it worse as I cannot remember which is which offhand lol.

The belkin I am using at minute also works with 2 or more 360's ps3, 7633 F5D7633-4 to be exact
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846134
    2. Pink Balls613
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?1957
    4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2449

See more discussions