Need a laptop for photo and video editing maybe a little gaming , please recommend?

10 replies
Found 23rd Nov 2016
Is there any which is good value for money right now? Thanks!

10 Comments

There's loads which are *good value for money". How much you want to spend?

Original Poster

vidl

There's loads which are *good value for money". How much you want to … There's loads which are *good value for money". How much you want to spend?

​This was meant to say desktop.

£500 max..

I recently brought the landlord 710 i7. I think I paid 600. but I'm very surprised with its power.. separate graphics card.. makes it run alot faster

Original Poster

djcj_sos

I recently brought the landlord 710 i7. I think I paid 600. but I'm very … I recently brought the landlord 710 i7. I think I paid 600. but I'm very surprised with its power.. separate graphics card.. makes it run alot faster

​Do you have a link please

adamwilko007

​This was meant to say desktop. £500 max..

I'd pick up a generic i5 8GB 250W PSU machine from HP, Lenovo, Dell etc. for sub-£400 and then use the extra cash to throw in whatever extras you need. More memory, RX 460 4GB for gaming, SSD, etc.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

I'd pick up a generic i5 8GB 250W PSU machine from HP, Lenovo, Dell etc. … I'd pick up a generic i5 8GB 250W PSU machine from HP, Lenovo, Dell etc. for sub-£400 and then use the extra cash to throw in whatever extras you need. More memory, RX 460 4GB for gaming, SSD, etc.

I want something which can do 4k video editing if i need it in the future would i5 be enough?

adamwilko007

I want something which can do 4k video editing if i need it in the future … I want something which can do 4k video editing if i need it in the future would i5 be enough?

If it isn't then nothing else in your budget will be.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

If it isn't then nothing else in your budget will be.

I can stretch a little if needed to £600

Will have a look at the outlets you recommended , thanks

ebuyer.com/735…047
You'd need a copy of Windows (assuming you'll be using windows) and you'd probably be best adding an SSD for the OS and app.

adamwilko007

I can stretch a little if needed to £600Will have a look at the outlets … I can stretch a little if needed to £600Will have a look at the outlets you recommended , thanks

The price goes up steeply so for double the performance it would be £600+ for the processor alone. I'd stick to an i5-6_00 myself, on that sort of budget the desktop i7s are that could be better spend elsewhere and the six and eight core workstation xeons are too expensive.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769471
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247632
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52422868
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2355

See more discussions