need a leptop screen replacement (acer)

7 replies
Found 9th Jun 2009
Hi there, I managed to knock over my Acer aspire 15.4" laptop today and the screen cracked/broke.

Does anyone know either anywhere that is cheap to get it fixed/replaced and how much I should expect it to cost (i live in Aberdeen) or somewhere where I could but it and replace the screen myself?
Can anyone please tell me if it's difficult to do yourself?

Thanks for any help and input!

7 Comments

I can help you with the strip down.I have a two acer laptops myself. and one in bits for spares. Which model is it? I may have the screen you need.

have u got a 3610 i think it is in bits

Best place to get your screen is a seller called bumblesale on ebay , strange name but very professional service. Got mine from them the other month, doddle to change. :thumbsup:

http://*********.co.uk/ACE…A50

add cgi . ebay

Do you not have insurance you could claim on? or if it is easier to replace it then that would be better i think

Original Poster

Hi folks, thanks for the replies.
Yeah, I have insurance but I think the excess is around £100 so probably not worth claiming.

It's an Acer 5685 WMLi which had a 15.4" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite LCD (16ms)

Give me a shout if anyone has the one I need, otherwise I'll probably trawl through Ebay a bit. Are the ones on Ebay official or cheap Asian replicas? Don't want to be cheap only to find that it breaks...

fowler909;5449433

Hi folks, thanks for the replies.Yeah, I have insurance but I think the … Hi folks, thanks for the replies.Yeah, I have insurance but I think the excess is around £100 so probably not worth claiming.It's an Acer 5685 WMLi which had a 15.4" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite LCD (16ms)Give me a shout if anyone has the one I need, otherwise I'll probably trawl through Ebay a bit. Are the ones on Ebay official or cheap Asian replicas? Don't want to be cheap only to find that it breaks...

The one I was sent from bumblesale on ebay was a samsung panel which replaced the original samsung panel in my Fujitsu Siemens 15inch v5505. :thumbsup:
TBH non name panels are good anyway even if you do get a rebrand.
You will find that if you have an acer, most models in that 15inch line will have the same panel inside them.
Hope this helps.

Info from the ebay bumblesale seller.

Call our TECHNICAL SUPPORT team: 01473 211265 to check if this is the panel you need

FREE fitting service call for details

Why not ask for our FREE step by step installation guide

ALL listings are held IN STOCK in our UK warehouse

Order before 4:30PM for SAME DAY despatch

FULL 90 Day warranty

OUT of HOURS support line 07501726126

VAT is INCLUDED in the price

Buy with confidence we are a British Registered business
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54315383
    2. Limited edition Star Wars Battlefront II PlayStation 4 bundles announced77
    3. More than five of us bought it, didn't we?1829
    4. Anyone want to take on Amazon for Chocolates?614

See more discussions