Groups

Need a little help with consumer rights please

I purchased a second hand motorbike from a reputable dealers online and had it delivered to my home as the bike place is over 300 miles from my home address and it was a suprise for hubby.
    Bike arrived all was dandy,this was 9 days ago,i paid over the phone using a mastercard
    Hubby hasnt even clocked up 50 miles on it and its having problems already,when trying to pull away in 1st gear it just stalls and the revs wont go up no matter how much you pull the throttle back.

He has tried as I have to ring the dealers and they make excuses each time saying the manager isnt about,he will call you back etc which he doesnt

Do I have any rights on this one? anything I can do? any protection from paying with mastercard? it was just under 2k

7 Comments

believe you are protected for any item over £100.
    Suggest you give them a ring and check proceedures - they may well tell you you need to give the seller time to rectify the problems so write to the manager and send recorded delivery stating the problems and what you want done

If you bought on credit card you should have some protection from card issuer

Do A Snatch Back Mail The Bike Company And Tell Them To Collect It If They Dont You Will Charge Them Rent
    YOU MIGHT WANT TO ADD (ON THE FONE)THAT TRAIDING STANDARDS HAVE BEEN INFORMED

check the Distant Selling regulations or even easier ask trading standards if you are covered under them, i know it coverers internet purchases but don't know if it covers telephone purchases.
    it's no good me checking because only you know the details.

Mardyass

I purchased a second hand motorbike from a reputable dealers

Not that reputable then!

What make and model is the bike?
    Can you not take it to a local dealer to yourself and get it fixed under warranty?
    It may just be something stupid that can be fixed in minutes, this sometimes happens with new cars and bikes.

The Fox;4815185

check the Distant Selling regulations or even easier ask trading … check the Distant Selling regulations or even easier ask trading standards if you are covered under them, i know it coverers internet purchases but don't know if it covers telephone purchases.it's no good me checking because only you know the details.

For 7 days only.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Weekly game codes giveaway 182722
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is1010
      3. Did you know?2951
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336

See more discussions