Groups

Need a loan.

I am at University currently and my mate is selling his season ticket for the match so need a way to make £700 by the end of next week as i really want to buy it off him. Would be able to pay it all back in september but need the money soon.

Any ideas on how or where i could get one with low interest?

24 Comments

Student overdrafts were designed for this sort of thing,0% interest for the entire time your at uni, plus for a certain time afterwards as well

Original Poster

Already used up my overdraft sadly and been refused by other banks even though i thought my credit score was perfect.

Student overdraft...if yer at uni then the bank will come good for a grand or 2.....ideal for these situations....enjoy your season ticket dude....and forget about the bank overdraft for a while....go spend and enjoy :thumbsup:

odriscoll;5326313

Already used up my overdraft sadly and been refused by other banks even … Already used up my overdraft sadly and been refused by other banks even though i thought my credit score was perfect.

Hmm, i have more than one, one with halifax the other with natwest

Original Poster

Yeah i have one with natwest but halifax declined me, no idea why. I did it online so maybe i should try in the branch?

odriscoll;5326348

Yeah i have one with natwest but halifax declined me, no idea why. I did … Yeah i have one with natwest but halifax declined me, no idea why. I did it online so maybe i should try in the branch?

Yeah, I didnt even ask for mine they just gave it to me! I just asked for an account with a cheque book so I could pay my rent, and they said are you a student, and gave me a student account straight away no questions asked, so trying instore may be a good idea.

odriscoll;5326313

Already used up my overdraft sadly and been refused by other banks even … Already used up my overdraft sadly and been refused by other banks even though i thought my credit score was perfect.

Applying for credit adversely effects your credit rating if you keep doing it

two words HARDSHIP GRANT look it up on your unis website

it comes under many names but its free and you can get up to 2k

Original Poster

bfjem;5326406

two words HARDSHIP GRANT look it up on your unis website :)it comes under … two words HARDSHIP GRANT look it up on your unis website :)it comes under many names but its free and you can get up to 2k

Would that be this

ljmu.ac.uk/Stu…htm

And would i get it within a week?

bfjem;5326406

two words HARDSHIP GRANT look it up on your unis website :)it comes under … two words HARDSHIP GRANT look it up on your unis website :)it comes under many names but its free and you can get up to 2k

And when they ask you what you desperately need the money for, please remember to LIE!!:thumbsup: On saying that, tell them the truth that you need it for a season ticket for Liverpool, you'll get it after the office has stopped laughing:-D:thumbsup:

odriscoll;5326530

Would that be … Would that be thishttp://www.ljmu.ac.uk/StudentServices/Welfare/63036.htmAnd would i get it within a week?

yeah that looks the ticket, not sure how quick you'll get it, mine took a week, but I went a different uni, you should look up how to ensure you get money as there are hints and tips etc, and dont worry that money is there for people to use, I did actually need it at uni cos I was in my 4th year and skint, but couldt really continue my oart time job, but there were lds of people taking the **** and using it for things like new laptop; or things like a season ticket lol

odriscoll;5326530

Would that be … Would that be thishttp://www.ljmu.ac.uk/StudentServices/Welfare/63036.htmAnd would i get it within a week?

Forgot about the good old hardship fund! It does take a couple of weeks (at least mine did, your uni may be different, go in and ask would prob be the best bet!)

spic;5326585

Forgot about the good old hardship fund! It does take a couple of weeks … Forgot about the good old hardship fund! It does take a couple of weeks (at least mine did, your uni may be different, go in and ask would prob be the best bet!)

ah to be a student again...yes it was a tough time for cash, but boy was it a good time!

Banned

....rayman

kapows;5326608

just have yaself finished off by some homo's and charge them for it. ull … just have yaself finished off by some homo's and charge them for it. ull find the contact details and or timetable of when to poop in inside public toilets! id mention someone on here who does this but i made a promise not to get banned....yet

wooooo thats a digression! :w00t:

you could go to those special 'banks' and make some deposits!

Original Poster

We don't get paid for sperm do we?

odriscoll;5326774

We don't get paid for sperm do we?

i have no idea, i assumed people did, i mean why would you do it otherwise?

ThePasty;5326812

i have no idea, i assumed people did, i mean why would you do it … i have no idea, i assumed people did, i mean why would you do it otherwise?

Don't think they pay here in U.K,they don't pay for women's egg I'm sure,so probably same for man's sperm. Like illegal to sell,maybe it does go on...but it's illegal.

Original Poster

ThePasty;5326812

i have no idea, i assumed people did, i mean why would you do it … i have no idea, i assumed people did, i mean why would you do it otherwise?

Yes if it was helping another person start a family, why would i be so selfish not to?

Original Poster

I applied for a student credit card with a limit of £500 so that should do me as i have birthday money.

odriscoll;5339568

I applied for a student credit card with a limit of £500 so that should … I applied for a student credit card with a limit of £500 so that should do me as i have birthday money.

oh god....just remember to pay it off asap, and make minimum payments each month at least to avoid incurring charges :thumbsup:

Good way to start the " road to ruin ";-)

Original Poster

natwest.com/dow…pdf

Reading that it looks like if i withdraw the £500 then i have to pay £10ish back a month, is that correct?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions