Groups

Need a new boiler!

Banned
    Which one should I get?

41 Comments

Valliant, rolls Royce of the boiler world.

plenty boilers on HUKD:p

Original Poster Banned

barky

plenty boilers on HUKD:p

I know

Original Poster Banned

adamipswich

Are they expensive?

Banned

So many jokes.... so little time.

Banned

Worcester Bosch

The Rolls Royce of the boiler world.

(Dont go with the inferier rolls Royce brand!)

DLM

Are they expensive?

upwards from 750 quid i think

Bunny?

micoo

upwards from 750 quid i think

Micoo is an expert on boilers-he has pulled plenty!

adamipswich

Most people spell it incorrectly too oO

adamipswich

^^^^

Except the correct spelling is Vaillant :-)
    Edited by: "Marina" 15th Sep 2010

^^ I've always noticed that the vast majority of people call them valliant boilers, must drive the manufacturers mad.
    Edited by: "greg_68" 15th Sep 2010

guv

Worcester BoschThe Rolls Royce of the boiler world.(Dont go with the … Worcester BoschThe Rolls Royce of the boiler world.(Dont go with the inferier rolls Royce brand!)

I agree. Ours is nearly 15 years old and still going strong. (Combi)

depends if you want floor or wall and what it will be powered by ie electric gas or oil. we are are oil fired and have a HRM wallstar, have had in both our last 2 houses and you cant fault them, excellent boilers very fuel efficient and also you just have a shiny white cover indoors the boiler is services from outside which is ideal.

Original Poster Banned

Jimston

depends if you want floor or wall and what it will be powered by ie … depends if you want floor or wall and what it will be powered by ie electric gas or oil. we are are oil fired and have a HRM wallstar, have had in both our last 2 houses and you cant fault them, excellent boilers very fuel efficient and also you just have a shiny white cover indoors the boiler is services from outside which is ideal.

I think we will probably have it in the attic if we can.

Banned

DLM

I think we will probably have it in the attic if we can.

put it in the chicken shed ..

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop

put it in the chicken shed ..

They would love it

I'm a heating service engineer and I'd recommend a Worcester Bosch , quality boilers that last

Original Poster Banned

souljacker

I'm a heating service engineer and I'd recommend a Worcester Bosch , … I'm a heating service engineer and I'd recommend a Worcester Bosch , quality boilers that last

Thank you

Banned

I work for British Gas, and I recommend these:

Your text here

Original Poster Banned

vibeone

I work for British Gas, and I recommend these:Your text here

Much love

are you sure you need a new boiler. Mine packed up, wouldnt ignite, got a plumber round, who said i needed a new boiler, then text me prices of 1700 and 2000 for two different brands.

I got another plumber round on the off chance, hes a friend of my father in law, and turns out its was an 80 part, but he couldnt be sure, so got a second hand one at 40 quid, and installed it, charged 80 quid total.

Been working like a dream ever since. and to think i almost parted with 2000 pound as i thought it had packed up.

Original Poster Banned

gavp

are you sure you need a new boiler. Mine packed up, wouldnt ignite, got … are you sure you need a new boiler. Mine packed up, wouldnt ignite, got a plumber round, who said i needed a new boiler, then text me prices of 1700 and 2000 for two different brands. I got another plumber round on the off chance, hes a friend of my father in law, and turns out its was an 80 part, but he couldnt be sure, so got a second hand one at 40 quid, and installed it, charged 80 quid total.Been working like a dream ever since. and to think i almost parted with 2000 pound as i thought it had packed up.

We are getting central heating soon as well.

So we need a better boiler.

Thanks anyway

Banned

DLM

We are getting central heating soon as well.So we need a better … We are getting central heating soon as well.So we need a better boiler.Thanks anyway

Maybe you should move house?

Banned

go for bosch worcester air source heat pump , we have two outside and cost £5000 each

Original Poster Banned

goldmax

go for bosch worcester air source heat pump , we have two outside and … go for bosch worcester air source heat pump , we have two outside and cost £5000 each

We haven't won the lottery

Banned

DLM

We haven't won the lottery

We know, we've seen your garden.

vibeone

We know, we've seen your garden.

And your poultry.

Original Poster Banned

Adam2050

And your poultry.

My girls are lovely

I have a Vaillant eco tec plus, they are very nice aswell.

i need one too a boiler.

Original Poster Banned

superskilly

i need one too a boiler.

Expensive aren't they

i used this site: worcester-bosch.co.uk/hom…ler to find a few installers near me and got quotes from 3 of them.

Went for the middle quote in the end - it comes with a 5 year guarantee as well, and works very well. Had mine since March now

yep hunx

guv

Worcester BoschThe Rolls Royce of the boiler world.(Dont go with the … Worcester BoschThe Rolls Royce of the boiler world.(Dont go with the inferier rolls Royce brand!)

No... Viessmann are the Rolls Royce of the boiler world, cost the price of a Rolls Royce too lol.

We got a vaillant one about three years ago and its as good as a boiler can be - boring stuff, not like shoes or clothes!
    Edited by: "nikkib123" 16th Sep 2010

DLM

We are getting central heating soon as well.So we need a better … We are getting central heating soon as well.So we need a better boiler.Thanks anyway

Are you being serious??

souljacker

I'm a heating service engineer and I'd recommend a Worcester Bosch , … I'm a heating service engineer and I'd recommend a Worcester Bosch , quality boilers that last

Any idea how much to replace a back boiler with a combi? No new rads or anything

kelly1987

Are you being serious??

its DLM Kelly, come on X)

bossyboots

its DLM Kelly, come on X)

True, true......
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking34
      2. No claims discount proof - Help needed45