Groups
    EXPIRED

Need a new cheapy PC

My father's aged Dell PC has developped a fatal( I think) error, it won't find the Hard Drive or Operating System!

It's 7 years old and pretty rubbish.

I've seen the threads for a £266 Dell with monitor but we have a decent 17" monitor anyway so that would be superfluous.

It's only used for letter writing, internet and odd low-tech game so nothing fast or exciting required

Anyone know of any bargains around at the mo. please?

7 Comments

currys.co.uk/mar…951

a Intel Core 2 PC at a bargain price..3% quidco and there's a 5% discount voucher in the voucher section.

Original Poster

Thanks currychops but \i think that one is far too higgh spec for what is required.

Take a look at dell outlet, the cheapest there this morning was an e521 desktop for £148 delivered

I can offer my old pc pm for specs if your intrested

currys.co.uk/mar…951

cheap as chips and a tidy spec..same discounts apply

sounds like the hard drive has died why not just replace the hard drive and reinstall windows

Sloany

sounds like the hard drive has died why not just replace the hard drive … sounds like the hard drive has died why not just replace the hard drive and reinstall windows

Yep, you say the Dell was old but if it met your needs then why not just buy an 80gb ide hard drive for about £30 delivered and do as Sloany says, try to reinstall Windows. If it does not work then no problem, you can just stick the hard drive in a new machine you buy or sell it on at a very small loss.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media - what is a good price?11
      2. [Solved] How to use openreach modem with Asus RT-AC68U?525
      3. Selling advice56
      4. VF retentions: £14pm - 20GB, unlim mins and texts22

See more discussions