Need a new graphics card got a budget of around £50

11 replies
Found 9th Jan 2009
^^^ any one got any ideas of what's for the best graphics card i can get for around £50/£60 please?

Cheers

11 Comments

Is it PCI-E or AGP that you need for the replacement? If its PCI-E there was a thread on the go about a cheap PCI-E graphics card from PC World but I think you had to go instore to get it.

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:

I picked up a XFX GeForce 8800GS Alpha Dog Ed' from pc world on the weekend for £49.99...

Very happy with it to!

Original Poster

Scotty Boy;4006629

Is it PCI-E or AGP that you need for the replacement? If its PCI-E there … Is it PCI-E or AGP that you need for the replacement? If its PCI-E there was a thread on the go about a cheap PCI-E graphics card from PC World but I think you had to go instore to get it.Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:

Should of said, it dont matter if it AGP or PCI-E. The board iv got can take both of them. Il try & find the thread you are on about but its prob one of these clearance deals & very hard to find the item

mrfun1981;4006805

Should of said, it dont matter if it AGP or PCI-E. The board iv got can … Should of said, it dont matter if it AGP or PCI-E. The board iv got can take both of them. Il try & find the thread you are on about but its prob one of these clearance deals & very hard to find the item

Are you sure about that ?, What board is it ?

8800 gs still available in Wakefield

Original Poster

spann3rs;4006782

I picked up a XFX GeForce 8800GS Alpha Dog Ed' from pc world on the … I picked up a XFX GeForce 8800GS Alpha Dog Ed' from pc world on the weekend for £49.99... Very happy with it to!

Now that sounds like a good deal, but i dont have any PC world near me if i take the trip hope i will be worth it

Original Poster

tonyg1962;4006823

Are you sure about that ?, What board is it ?8800 gs still available in … Are you sure about that ?, What board is it ?8800 gs still available in Wakefield

Yeah im 100% sure just taken a pci-e 7600gs out becasue it keep freezing up & put in a 6200 AGP

My Board is a 4coredual-vsta

asrock.com/mb/…STA

See for yourself it has both slots, but the down side is it can only run PCI-e at x4 speed

You might want to check this then as this Mobo doesnt support evry card
]http//ww…775

Tony

Original Poster

Thanks for reminding me my board dont support all graphics cards you post the wrong link

This is the link for the cards that work with my board asrock.com/mb/…VGA

Iv just been looking at these two

what do you think the best is the one with more memory or the one with that tiny bit more spec

ebuyer.com/pro…301
ebuyer.com/pro…974

The 8600gt is a better card and the memory will make very little difference on a card with this much power,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;4007952

The 8600gt is a better card and the memory will make very little … The 8600gt is a better card and the memory will make very little difference on a card with this much power,

Thanks for that. DO you think that is the average price for that card or do you think it cant be got cheaper

mrfun1981;4008026

Thanks for that. DO you think that is the average price for that card or … Thanks for that. DO you think that is the average price for that card or do you think it cant be got cheaper

Up until recently it was the average price but there have been so many offers recently it may be worth looking around,
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18216630
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769250
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2484
    4. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?11

See more discussions