Groups

Need a new hard drive for original xbox

My 250 GB seagate died a few days (frag and clicking) and I wanted another hard drive, I have the old 6GB hard drive with evox, so adding evox to a new hard drive wont be a problem.

My question is who has an xbox with a good (I usually only stick to WD and seagate) upgraded hard drive around 250GB that definatly works with xbox and that is easy and cheap to buy new.

Thanks,
    nebno6.

Also many hard drives are not compatible with xbox so it would be great if you actually have one installed in your xbox

7 Comments

amazon.co.uk/Gen…mtd

generic though but cheap . Not used any ccl have a wd for £45 and amazon for £54

dcx_badass

I use a 500GB Western Digital SATA in one of mine and a 750GB Samsung … I use a 500GB Western Digital SATA in one of mine and a 750GB Samsung Sata in the other.Here's a rough guide:http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=listMost should work though, go sata as it's much cheaper.

How do you get sata working with the original xbox ?

For the op i have always used wither western digital or seagte ide drives with no issues . What mod are you running ?

I would def go with one on the list rather than a generic if price is not that important.. Personally I would only choose the generic if I knew I could return it for free and was on a very tight budget eg if it would not lock.

trinaandlee

How do you get sata working with the original xbox ? For the op i have … How do you get sata working with the original xbox ? For the op i have always used wither western digital or seagte ide drives with no issues . What mod are you running ?

forums.xbox-scene.com/ind…925

forums.xbox-scene.com/ind…145

Edited by: "dontasciime" 3rd Jan 2011

Learn something new everyday . Thanks

Original Poster

trinaandlee

How do you get sata working with the original xbox ? For the op i have … How do you get sata working with the original xbox ? For the op i have always used wither western digital or seagte ide drives with no issues . What mod are you running ?

thanks guys, i wasnt expecting this many replies lol

Currently I have no modchip and just used a solidered usb on a controller and splintercell technique and then installed EvoX with xbmc.

Ill keep my eyes open for any cheap Sata WD or seagate 250s and then check them on that list.

i was being a bit cheap when I bought my previous hard drive second hand.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

This is the adaptor I … This is the adaptor I have:http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12537Works in both my xboxes.

Tar, i think ill go for that, they usually take a few weeks to deliver,I havent used them in years,

scan.co.uk/pro…-ms

and its compatible, cheers
    I need nowhere near this much storage space, but a 160 is £25, so for £5 extra I might as well get a 500GB.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …138328
      2. Your dream gaming set up?1018
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764522
      4. What is flamedeer??3047

See more discussions