Groups
    EXPIRED

Need a new internal Hard Drive

My hard drive in my computer seems to have bust so I need to get a new one. The old one I had was a 320gb hitachi and I wont need anymore than 320 so anywhere between 200 and 320 would do fine. I don't really know much about hard drives so any help on what to look for would be great

I really appreciate any help with this, thanks

4 Comments

It would help if we knew something about your computer.

Is it a laptop or a desktop (they use different size disks).

Also we need to know the connection type. Most modern hard disks are connected using a SATA connection, but some older hard disk use an IDE connection (and they are different).

I realise you may not know the connection type, but without this information we cannot help too much.

If you can give us details about the computer - make, model, any other details - we may be able to find out on the interent what type of disk it is.

Original Poster

Ye probably a good idea to give the details Well my computer is a desktop and the hard drive I currently have is a:

320GB Hitachi T7K500-32 SATA II 320GB
    16MB Cache
    SATA II

and this is my motherboard:

MSI P4M890M-L Socket 775 / Core 2 Duo Support
    HD 8 Channel Audio / DDR2 533
    1066MHz FSB SATA / PCI-E

PC Pro magazine suggest the Samsung Spinpoint HD502IJ

It is 500Gb, 16Mb cache and ebuyer have it for £41

ebuyer.com/pro…252

Larger than you wanted, but at that price it is hardly worth buying anything smaller.

Original Poster

Well it seems a pretty decent price at £45.78 delivered, I was hoping for a slightly cheaper one and preferably western digital, as I have an external WD HD and its been running fine since I bought it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sun savers22
      2. Samsung s8 trade in58
      3. Wall mounting the OLED55B7V11
      4. How are Very for pre-orders ?44

See more discussions