Need a new office chair

Found 9th Aug
I need a new office/computer chair. There's plenty available online but I would ideally like to plonk my fat **** on it first to assess comfort before handing over the money.

Other than Ikea, are there any stores which carry a range of chairs I can try?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
34656939-XV3B9.jpg
BadMF10 m ago

https://www.hermanmiller.co.uk/products/seating/performance-work-chairs/aeron-chairs.htmlHerman Miller Aeron, the only sensible choice.

Online only by the look of it and ridiculously expensive.
They’re sold in any decent office supply chain and in John Lewis. And you can pick up a decent one second hand.
But because of how good good they are, they do retain their value quite well.

If you think they’re expensive, you’ve obviously never sat in one, or any proper purpose built office chair before.

Youre paying for quality, comfort and durability.
Edited by: "BadMF" 9th Aug
BadMF39 m ago

They’re sold in any decent office supply chain and in John Lewis. And you c …They’re sold in any decent office supply chain and in John Lewis. And you can pick up a decent one second hand. But because of how good good they are, they do retain their value quite well. If you think they’re expensive, you’ve obviously never sat in one, or any proper purpose built office chair before. Youre paying for quality, comfort and durability.

Thank's, I'll look in John Lewis next time I'm in the centre of Brum and look up local independent stores.

My number 1 priority is comfort which is subjective to a large degree, if I don't personally find a chair comfy it doesn't matter how good the build quality is. The chair I sit in at work looks very similar to the £963 ones on the Herman Miller site but in terms of comfort it's not a patch on the £150 chair I bought from Staples 7 years ago.

What I'm looking for are stores with a reasonable range of office chairs on display which I can try. I wasn't keen on any of the ones in Ikea, both Currys and Furniture Village have online options but none in their stores.
If you have a JYSK store locally, they have a selection. No idea what the quality or comfort is like though I’m afraid. Also The Range have a small selection too
BadMF8 m ago

If you have a JYSK store locally, they have a selection. No idea what the …If you have a JYSK store locally, they have a selection. No idea what the quality or comfort is like though I’m afraid. Also The Range have a small selection too

Thanks, will take a look at both of those.
See if you can find a local office surplace place, you can go along and get a real bargain in chairs they have.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions