Need a new phone

Found 25th Aug 2017
trusty note 4, three years old has started giving trouble. I probably would have paid out for a Note 8 but it is no use to me without a removable battery.

So, I now require a replacement with the following specs:

android
at least 3gb RAM
at least 32gb storage
fingerprint scanner
removable battery (battery life not that important as im happy to change it thru the day as I do now)
decent size screen

not important - camera quality

im happy to try the chinese phones as long as it is sourced in the uk (dont want shipping wait), runs my banking apps and has the relevent 4g bands for all the networks

anyone currently using anything that fits the bill?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

budget ?

Do any Chinese brands run banking apps? I'm sure even Honor phones bought from 3 in the UK have trouble with some banking apps.

I'd suggest you look at the LG V20. It will have to be an import as it wasn't released in the UK but it's a powerhouse - excellent audio playback.

Original Poster

Budget is a fine question - ill shell out up to 250/300 i think. Over that and it would need to be available on contract

Original Poster

Had noted the v20 but wasnt aware it was non UK

seabs1 h, 3 m ago

Do any Chinese brands run banking apps?

halifax bkg app runs fine on my redmi import

jonnybravo992 h, 11 m ago

Had noted the v20 but wasnt aware it was non UK

LG didn't release any of the V models in the UK (even though they said they were going to).

I just got the older V10 from Ebay. Great phone, fills your spec's and down now to 150 for the single sim model and 168 for the dual sim . I have the Halifax app running on it fine.
Edited by: "steve1221" 25th Aug 2017

Original Poster

I doth my cap good sir. I think will do the job very nicely

Thanks

steve122115 m ago

LG didn't release any of the V models in the UK (even though they said …LG didn't release any of the V models in the UK (even though they said they were going to).I just got the older V10 from Ebay. Great phone, fills your spec's and down now to 150 for the single sim model and 168 for the dual sim . I have the Halifax app running on it fine.

jonnybravo994 m ago

I doth my cap good sir. I think will do the job very nicelyThanks

Happy to help

Also the V10 has hands down the best camera app I've seen on any phone. . .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions