Expired

need a new tumble dryer

Found 28th Dec 2013
hi
i went to currys earlier and i liked this. does anyone know if this is good? i dont really want to spnd anymore than this? any other recomendations?
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
which one shall i go for?
Community Updates
2 Comments
OK, The Indesit takes a 7Kg load and costs 57.71p per cycle - 8.24p per kg but no sensor drying. The Hotpoint takes an 8Kg load and costs approximately 83p per cycle - 10.44p per kg but no sensor drying. The Beko takes an 8Kg load and costs 68.3p per cycle - 8.54p per kg with sensor drying.

Based on the above, you can immediately rule out the Hotpoint. Although the Indesit appears to cost less, the Sensor drying of the Beko will reduce costs by around 20% - 30% and so result in a much lower cost than the Indesit (This is why the Indesit is C rated and the Beko is B rated). On this basis, if you dry 7kg per day 120 days of the year, the Indesit will cost about £69 per year in running costs and the Beko will cost about £54 per year. Assuming a 5 year life, the Beko will save you around £75 in running costs and costs £50 more to buy.

The Indesit is a vented dryer - you will need to have plumbing to take away the water whilst the Beko is a Condenser where you don't.

You should also decide whether you need an 8Kg capacity, 7Kg capacity or even 6Kg capacity. The Beko comes in a range of capacities and the lower capacities can be found cheaper.
Lowtrawler29th Dec 2013

OK, The Indesit takes a 7Kg load and costs 57.71p per cycle - 8.24p per kg …OK, The Indesit takes a 7Kg load and costs 57.71p per cycle - 8.24p per kg but no sensor drying. The Hotpoint takes an 8Kg load and costs approximately 83p per cycle - 10.44p per kg but no sensor drying. The Beko takes an 8Kg load and costs 68.3p per cycle - 8.54p per kg with sensor drying. Based on the above, you can immediately rule out the Hotpoint. Although the Indesit appears to cost less, the Sensor drying of the Beko will reduce costs by around 20% - 30% and so result in a much lower cost than the Indesit (This is why the Indesit is C rated and the Beko is B rated). On this basis, if you dry 7kg per day 120 days of the year, the Indesit will cost about £69 per year in running costs and the Beko will cost about £54 per year. Assuming a 5 year life, the Beko will save you around £75 in running costs and costs £50 more to buy.The Indesit is a vented dryer - you will need to have plumbing to take away the water whilst the Beko is a Condenser where you don't.You should also decide whether you need an 8Kg capacity, 7Kg capacity or even 6Kg capacity. The Beko comes in a range of capacities and the lower capacities can be found cheaper.

This is an amazing response.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants