Need a new TV for sons ps4

Posted 28th Nov
hi just thought I would ask any recommendations on new smart TV under £400 for sons ps4
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
What size are you looking for?
Ps4 or ps4 pro?
I should hit Tesco tomorrow if you want a shot at a TV in their BF sale.

The 40" Sharp @ £199 is perhaps worth considering?

Or the Toshiba @ £229 from Lidl? hotukdeals.com/dea…818

If I were forced to choose, I'd rather a Tosh than a Sharp - but then again, I don't rate Tosh either. I used to work for an electrical retailer so I'm a bit 'picky' as I know what some manufacturers are like "from the inside" as it were! My view might be slightly jaded!

Good luck on finding something, cathal.
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 28th Nov
I’d pay the little extra for 4K, currently deals aren’t too much more but the 4K will be future proof. I got my daughter new tv in summer and went for a 50” 4k for less than £400, she’s only basic Xbox one and PS4 but can watch Netflix and prime etc in 4K and if she gets a next gen console she’s all ready with the 4K it’ll no doubt be.
I like the look of the curved 49 inch Samsung for 400 in the very black Friday event See here I keep hinting to the wife to be fair tho it's 400 in most places including argos and ao
Edited by: "ding" 28th Nov
Phsycronix28/11/2019 14:29

I should hit Tesco tomorrow if you want a shot at a TV in their BF …I should hit Tesco tomorrow if you want a shot at a TV in their BF sale.The 40" Sharp @ £199 is perhaps worth considering?Or the Toshiba @ £229 from Lidl? https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/43-toshiba-uhd-4k-smart-led-tv-lidl-3344818If I were forced to choose, I'd rather a Tosh than a Sharp - but then again, I don't rate Tosh either. I used to work for an electrical retailer so I'm a bit 'picky' as I know what some manufacturers are like "from the inside" as it were! My view might be slightly jaded!Good luck on finding something, cathal.

What do u think of the LG currys are doing 4 £299
May I also point out the following:
richersounds.com/tv-…362

First two - Linsar @ £199 (including £30 off with BLACK30 code) & Hisense @ £249.

Both come with their SIX YEAR WARRANTY. Great retailer with similar customer service.
Would anyone rate the hisense 4k tvs
cathal28/11/2019 14:47

Don't know which model this is but I bought the 43UM7500 fro. Hughes on eBay the other week with the 20% code.

Very happy with the picture, settings, WiFi and apps (LG have NowTV, only them and swing direct in TV atm) and a magic remote too, so able to put all the other back in a draw and use just one!

Alexa compatible, Google too if that's your jam! Dedicated Netflix, Rakuten and Prime buttons on the remote too.

Didn't like the 'legs' so bought a table stand for it and it looks the part.

Edit: not swing direct- Samsung
Edited by: "360finder" 28th Nov
cathal28/11/2019 14:47

"Lucky Goldstar" eh? Well, again I'd choose an LG set over a Tosh or Sharp. LG are definitely a force to be reckoned with.

I'm a Panasonic person and will ALWAYS recommend them over anything else. Trouble is, Pana are not who they used to be and now the only 'good' sets are the really high-end ones. All the lower-end ones are Vestel produced. Saying that, the prices obviously dictate the choices we make.

If it's a TV within your budget, just get one with the best warranty available. Also; when it comes to playing games on a TV; sound quality can be as important as picture. You want a TV with a good depth of sound and preferably not "tinny." Again, Pana tend to have good sound. Tosh were good too - Samsung not so. LG were always average in my opinion. There's nothing more disappointing than a new TV with a fab picture - then the sound is like a swarm of mosquitoe's buzzing around!

I suppose you could always invest in a soundbar with the change from your LG @ Curry's? You might even get a "combo" deal from them if purchasing in one go. Best to go and have a demo of the various makes? Does your Son have any input as to what he gets or is it to be a surprise?
Phsycronix28/11/2019 15:02

"Lucky Goldstar" eh? Well, again I'd choose an LG set over a Tosh or …"Lucky Goldstar" eh? Well, again I'd choose an LG set over a Tosh or Sharp. LG are definitely a force to be reckoned with.I'm a Panasonic person and will ALWAYS recommend them over anything else. Trouble is, Pana are not who they used to be and now the only 'good' sets are the really high-end ones. All the lower-end ones are Vestel produced. Saying that, the prices obviously dictate the choices we make.If it's a TV within your budget, just get one with the best warranty available. Also; when it comes to playing games on a TV; sound quality can be as important as picture. You want a TV with a good depth of sound and preferably not "tinny." Again, Pana tend to have good sound. Tosh were good too - Samsung not so. LG were always average in my opinion. There's nothing more disappointing than a new TV with a fab picture - then the sound is like a swarm of mosquitoe's buzzing around!I suppose you could always invest in a soundbar with the change from your LG @ Curry's? You might even get a "combo" deal from them if purchasing in one go. Best to go and have a demo of the various makes? Does your Son have any input as to what he gets or is it to be a surprise?

I have an LG in the conservatory and a panny in the front room, I know it's probably model dependant but the LG sounds miles better although the LG is a lot newer, on the flip side we have an older LG in work and the sound isn't great sometimes, what I am trying to say is don't tar them all with the same brush, as mentioned above perhaps consider a sound bar
Edited by: "ding" 28th Nov
ding28/11/2019 16:32

I have an LG in the conservatory and a panny in the front room, I know …I have an LG in the conservatory and a panny in the front room, I know it's probably model dependant but the LG sounds miles better although the LG is a lot newer, on the flip side we have an older LG in work and the sound isn't great sometimes, what I am trying to say is don't tar them all with the same brush

Totally agree and absolutely true. This is why it's important to do your homework and investigate differing model numbers. Certain models will have better/worse speakers and sound drivers etc.

On topic with the OP's question, I'm trying to find out what the exact model of the Tesco Sharp 40" TV is because if it's the one I think it might be (40AJ2K) then this had a very good Harmon-Kardon sound system. Definitely worth £199 if so. I think they might be "end-of-line" clearance units though as you can't get them anywhere so if it goes pop after a period of time, I doubt you'd get a 'same' replacement model.
So many worth going to Tesco tonight
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants