Groups
    EXPIRED

Need a SAFE USB mains adaptor

Looking for a couple of cheap but SAFE usb mains adaptors. One to charge my San Francisco and another for my mum's phone.

I've heard the usual stories of people being injured by dangerous mobile chargers so don't want to take any chances..

I've seen them for £1 on eBay from Hong Kong but I'm a bit weary over how safe they might be? Have also seen a well reviewed one on Amazon for £3. Maybe that would be better?

Going to buy the usual cheap £1 USB to Micro USB cables from eBay to go with them mind.

Just wondering which mains adaptors other HUKD members have bought and how well they've faired?

6 Comments

any reason why you dont want to just charge via usb rather than mains?

We use a couple of these
    aldi.co.uk/uk/…htm

excellent charger good output ampage,protected and you dont lose any sockets to charge 2 devices. Still in stock at my local store

Edited by: "ambercatz" 13th May 2011

dt_matthews

any reason why you dont want to just charge via usb rather than mains?

He does want to use mains. He's looking for a mains adapter that will output 5v via usb so he can plug his charging cable in it.

you didnt read my question, I said why not just charge via usb?

dt_matthews

Sorry, I need to go back to school. oO

Original Poster

dt_matthews

I want to charge it by both mains and USB but mains is normally more accessible and seems to charge faster too.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gaming PC Upgrade Help34
      2. Flight delay compensation715
      3. Hard Drive Setup34
      4. ID Mobile - 30 day contract - Ending - Notice needed for PAC request ?11

See more discussions