Expired

Need a thin mattress for a mid sleeper bed

Found 2nd Jul 2014
Hi,

We have a mid sleeper bed for our daughter (3 years old) and need single mattress for it.
The instructions stipulate that the mattress can be a maximum thickness of 16.2cm. (safety reasons, so they cant roll over the 'barrier')

This massively reduces the available selection, good quality mattresses are obviously thicker usually

Can anyone recommend a decent mid range single mattress (3') at about this depth?

Many Thanks
Community Updates
7 Comments
I had the same problem.
I ended up getting this one. It was advertised as slightly thicker than requested, but fits fine and my daughter sleeps soundly on it!
Add: Can upload a pic if needed?
Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 2nd Jul 2014
thanks, if you could, that'd be great!

cheers
phil001

thanks, if you could, that'd be great!cheers

No problem, hopefully they're helpful!?
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/chuckiedoll1/2014-07-02115800_zpsed92f874.jpg
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/chuckiedoll1/2014-07-02115737_zpse9bc606c.jpg
Thanks for that, will definitely consider that one.

Can't see her having too much problem with even a cheap mattress, she doesn't weigh much
Cheap one with memory foam topper now or later?

I had the same issue, it's common to mid/high sleepers. In the end I opted for a 'normal' mattress - it wasn't a 'top end' one so not much thicker than max stipulated. When in place the side barrier was plenty high enough. My little one was almost 5 at the time and rolling off wasn't an issue. I did have a back up plan of a removable bed side to fasten on temp if it looked like it would be a problem but it was never needed. It's 3yrs old now and due replacing - again the detph is the issue so I'm thinking of just putting a good 1/2" topper on it.

Ought to add, ours is a metal framed one - argos or ikea iirc - it's quite common. Gap from the top of the mattress to the top of rail is a fair bit higher than the one pictured above.
Edited by: "capriboycraig" 2nd Jul 2014
This one is 17cm but one of the reviews says she uses it for her daughters' mid sleeper bed.

argos.co.uk/sta…htm
thanks for all the advice guys.

Gone for the on Chuckiedoll posted a link for, great idea about adding a topper as/when i need to capriboycraig - thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions