Groups

Need a Virgin V+ box remote but where do I get one?

Hi. My 2nd replacement controller is on it's last legs and I need to find a new one. Does anyone know if Virgin can provide a replacement and is it free? I'm reluctant to phone Virgin unless I know it will be a fruitful call. Ringing customer services on the TV service is usually agony.

The last controller I got was from Ebay for a few pence but there only seems to be used ones for sale now. Our V+ box is 4 years old. Thanks

22 Comments

garbage456

yes virgin will provide a free remote

Really?

Original Poster

Thanks. Steeling myself for a very long phonecall then!

Okebird

Thanks. Steeling myself for a very long phonecall then!

I would be very interested to see how you get on, any chance you can update after phone call please?

Original Poster

Will do. I'll do it tomorrow though as have 3 very noisy boys on inset day at home School tomorrow - yippeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Okebird

Will do. I'll do it tomorrow though as have 3 very noisy boys on inset … Will do. I'll do it tomorrow though as have 3 very noisy boys on inset day at home School tomorrow - yippeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Haha, I know exactly what you mean X)

Original Poster

Christmas was slightly toooooo long for me this time!

lol why don't people phone the company before asking stupid questions like this?

ring them with the kids making loads of noise, as they may feel sorry for you and say yes, then tell them you gotta go cos of kids

Original Poster

matt3454

lol why don't people phone the company before asking stupid questions … lol why don't people phone the company before asking stupid questions like this?

You clearly didn't read the post did you. I have tried ringing Virgin before and it's usually a very long, very painful experience and if you get nothing out of it you have wasted a lot of your time. People on here are generally very helpful so I asked here first. Thanks for your input.

Banned

Virgin own the equipment not you, as long as it's wear and tear you should be fine. If the kids have been using it as a hammer on your concrete floor they may charge you for it.
    Edited by: "lumoruk" 4th Jan 2011

matt3454

lol why don't people phone the company before asking stupid questions … lol why don't people phone the company before asking stupid questions like this?

Because as OP has stated, she has 3 noisy kids off school today and phone call may be lengthy. Others on here may have experience with this so why not ask the question, don't see a problem!!

Original Poster

A 5 minute phonecall which is a record for me. I think they are sending me a new one for free but I couldn't understand "Sam" as his accent was so strong and the line was pretty bad. I'll let you know if one turns up and if they charged me

Okebird

A 5 minute phonecall which is a record for me. I think they are sending … A 5 minute phonecall which is a record for me. I think they are sending me a new one for free but I couldn't understand "Sam" as his accent was so strong and the line was pretty bad. I'll let you know if one turns up and if they charged me

Nice one, thanks for reporting back

They wont charge you, iv got a couple of V+ boxes in my house. An when one of the kids broke one i just used the online forum & said the remote had stopped working & iv changed batteries.....Reply back " we have ordered a new one for you for free, just bin the old remote"

Original Poster

mrfun1981

They wont charge you, iv got a couple of V+ boxes in my house. An when … They wont charge you, iv got a couple of V+ boxes in my house. An when one of the kids broke one i just used the online forum & said the remote had stopped working & iv changed batteries.....Reply back " we have ordered a new one for you for free, just bin the old remote"

Thanks, I'll have to try that next time. At least I won't struggle with the accent!

mrfun1981

They wont charge you, iv got a couple of V+ boxes in my house. An when … They wont charge you, iv got a couple of V+ boxes in my house. An when one of the kids broke one i just used the online forum & said the remote had stopped working & iv changed batteries.....Reply back " we have ordered a new one for you for free, just bin the old remote"

Do you have link for forum please?

Here you go,

http://community.virginmedia.com/

I also use the forum when iv got fault to report, as the forum is run by 2nd line tech support based in the UK and are loads more helpful than calling up India

Banned

Okebird

I couldn't understand "Sam" as his accent was so strong

Racist

mrfun1981

Here you go, … Here you go, [url=http://community.virginmedia.com/]http://community.virginmedia.com/[/url]I also use the forum when iv got fault to report, as the forum is run by 2nd line tech support based in the UK and are loads more helpful than calling up India

Cheers, worked a treat, remote control on its way to me

Original Poster

dimebars

Racist

Didn't mean to sound racist - quite the opposite. So what race do you think I am? Just out of curiosity.
    Edited by: "Okebird" 5th Jan 2011

Okebird

Didn't mean to sound racist - quite the opposite. So what race do you … Didn't mean to sound racist - quite the opposite. So what race do you think I am? Just out of curiosity.

Nigerian?

I need a new remote for my v plus box but not the hd version can you still get them
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927341
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767213
      3. love affairs45
      4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?983130

See more discussions