Groups

Need a webcam to spy on my pets! Can anyone help?

I know nothing about webcams but im sure someone here does - I have two rabbits that I am currently bonding, they have been fine but have recently started fighting again.
    Anyway, how do I go about putting a webam in their hutch so I can watch in from a computer elsewhere (not in my house)? Im sure this can be done quite easily but I don't know how.
    Also can anyone suggest cheap ways of doing this?
    Cheers!

22 Comments

Banned

LOL @ the Rabbits

So they are at it like rabbits when you go out.

why not use a baby cam? cheap and instant!
    no technology needed either lol
    Edited by: "plumberman01" 14th Oct 2010

Original Poster

Exactly lol! They wouldnt stop fighting this morning.

A baby cam sounds good, but I still dont know how they work. Can I watch it from another computer away from the house?

Banned

So you can nip home and catch them at it.

Original Poster

Just need to observe they're behaviour for a while

Original Poster

Anyone got any links to example webcams that I could use?
    Edited by: "Dantooine" 14th Oct 2010

Banned

Then just set up a cam corder on saturday while you are home

Dantooine

Exactly lol! They wouldnt stop fighting this morning.A baby cam sounds … Exactly lol! They wouldnt stop fighting this morning.A baby cam sounds good, but I still dont know how they work. Can I watch it from another computer away from the house?

details here
    forums.cnet.com/772…tml
    hope it helps?

Banned

I might spy on my chickens X)

Original Poster

They are male and female and have both been done.

Also, as the cage is outside, the cam needs to be battery powered somehow. Is this possible?

Banned

whatsThePoint

no wonder they fight then, would you want to be stuck with a male who … no wonder they fight then, would you want to be stuck with a male who wasn't interested

It wouldn't bother me

Original Poster

Rabbits are a lot happier when theyve been done.

The topic here though is webcams lol! Need wireless rechargable/battery powered webcam, please help

Banned

whatsThePoint

your probably used to it

I'm not

Buy a laptop with built in webcam.

Then set up a live webstream and leve the laptop in the hutch.

Dantooine

They are male and female and have both been done.

...and your wondering why their fighting!

Banned

Just set up a cam corder on saturday and Sunday while you are home

Original Poster

slamdunkin

Just set up a cam corder on saturday and Sunday while you are home

I would rather see it live, watching it back after could be too late if theyre fighting. Havent got a camcorder anyway.

Banned

What will you do if they are fighting?

Original Poster

DLM

What will you do if they are fighting?

Change their living environment, seperate them for a while, clean and sterilise their hutch - theres many things that can be done.

My question is though, does anyone know of a wireless webcam for outside use?

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

instead of watching it live, in which case you might still be to late to … instead of watching it live, in which case you might still be to late to stop them fightingwhy not just teach them to stop fighting?http://www.rabbit.org/journal/2-5/ever-be-friends.html

Have done and know about all that, they are bonded and have been living together for months. Its recent fighting lately which is strange behaviour.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

quick google and fighting between bonded rabbits is normal not strange, … quick google and fighting between bonded rabbits is normal not strange, no need for camera just deal with it as you would with unbonded ones

I would like to put one in their hutch anyway, but for what I need looks like it will be expensive.

yeah like this thread is really about spying on "rabbits".
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …71124
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846274
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30385
      4. Fraudulent site2445

See more discussions