Groups
    EXPIRED

Need a wireless card to go inside my Dell Dimension 3100 Desktop

I need a wireless card but i'm not so familiar with the insides of a PC, have no idea what kind I need.

Any help will be much appreciated.

6 Comments

Original Poster

would this be suitable?

Wireless

I have a 3000 and its old pci. Dont know if yours is the same. Cant you jusy use a usb one?

Original Poster

gavjbrown

I have a 3000 and its old pci. Dont know if yours is the same. Cant you … I have a 3000 and its old pci. Dont know if yours is the same. Cant you jusy use a usb one?

I could use a USB one but have heard these are more stable?

Just use a USB one to be perfectly blunt

I found this decent before

play.com/PC/…tml

Also what OS you got check before you order as some companies are better than others when it comes to supporting their products and may not have the relevant drivers for your OS

paz2k6

would this be … would this be suitable?[url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2Fgp%2Fproduct%2FB0036AFAEW%2Fref%3Dnosim%2F%3Ftag%3Dhotukdeals-21]Wireless[/url]

It would work but only if you have a onboard graphics card as that wireless card requires a PCI express slot.
    Edited by: "lilraul" 28th Apr 2011

Original Poster

Thanks for the help people, I have onboard graphics but looking to upgrade that so I'll go for the USB one
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635
      2. What is there free to do in your town?25
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278965
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020

See more discussions