Groups

need abit of advice

so my Nexus 6 is slowly dying on me , what's a decent upgrade, I've around £250 too spend cheers people

18 Comments

I just decided to go from a Samsung Galaxy S7 to a Lenovo P2.
    Mainly due to the sh*t battery and bloatware on the Samsung.
    The P2 is unlocked direct from 3 for £200
    Considered Xiaomi but too much hassle with China imports if warranty claim needed.

IRONM4N_UK

I just decided to go from a Samsung Galaxy S7 to a Lenovo P2.Mainly due … I just decided to go from a Samsung Galaxy S7 to a Lenovo P2.Mainly due to the sh*t battery and bloatware on the Samsung.The P2 is unlocked direct from 3 for £200Considered Xiaomi but too much hassle with China imports if warranty claim needed.

Is that not a downgrade?

Moto g4 plus, love them so reliable

P2 hardware is weaker than Samsung's (in terms of pure power) but enough for everything, except you are a seriously heavy gamer. But battery life is wonderful and really optimized phone. One of the best on the market..

Moto G4 plus. My grandma recently got it. Or G5 plus but not sure how much it is

Dolphinzz

Moto G4 plus. My grandma recently got it. Or G5 plus but not sure how … Moto G4 plus. My grandma recently got it. Or G5 plus but not sure how much it is

G5 Plus is £220-£250 depending on offers. You can get the G4 Plus for £165 from Amazon at present if you don't mind 16GB storage (with expandable by SD card of course) or the 32GB version for ~£200. The G5 Plus should be faster and I understand a better camera.
    Edited by: "jazzuk777" 18th Jun

jazzuk777

G5 Plus is £220-£250 depending on offers. You can get the G4 Plus for £ … G5 Plus is £220-£250 depending on offers. You can get the G4 Plus for £165 from Amazon at present if you don't mind 16GB storage (with expandable by SD card of course) or the 32GB version for ~£200. The G5 Plus should be faster and I understand a better camera.

​dont these Motos have the common ghost touch issues?

I'm waiting on the new Nokia's out this month, otherwise honor 6x or p2

Original Poster

I was holding out for the one plus , I'll take a look at the ones posted above , thanks for the comments

I have a top spec g4 plus and I was happy with it at first, but performance is getting very sluggish and battery life is poor. I'd say avoid now there are better / newer handsets out there.

quantum77

​dont these Motos have the common ghost touch issues? I'm waiting on the n … ​dont these Motos have the common ghost touch issues? I'm waiting on the new Nokia's out this month, otherwise honor 6x or p2

Never heard of the problem, and even if it did all phones have issues. iPhone 6 had the bend issue, Samsung note 7 had fire risk, old Samsung phones were laggy

shauneco

Is that not a downgrade?

​On paper yes it is!
    But over 6 months my S7 and the updates from Samsung have slowed it down and added bloatware galore.
    Little of their own apps can be uninstalled, put to sleep or disabled.
    I dont game and if an app takes half a second longer to load its not the end of the world for me.
    The P2 is a nice clean almost stock experience.
    Considered waiting for Nokia 6 but think this is a better option for now!
    Edited by: "IRONM4N_UK" 18th Jun

Original Poster

same thing has happened too my Nexus 6 , it's lasted well tho I have to restore it monthly so it doesn't keep crashing

The Moto Z is hands down the best phone you can get under £300.

IRONM4N_UK

​On paper yes it is!But over 6 months my S7 and the updates from Samsung h … ​On paper yes it is!But over 6 months my S7 and the updates from Samsung have slowed it down and added bloatware galore.Little of their own apps can be uninstalled, put to sleep or disabled.I dont game and if an app takes half a second longer to load its not the end of the world for me.The P2 is a nice clean almost stock experience.Considered waiting for Nokia 6 but think this is a better option for now!

Ah I did wonder if the promises Samsung made about no bloatware were true. It was the whole reason I was weary about getting a Samsung phone (I had a Samsung tablet once that was laggy as anything, and my sister had a Samsung phone)

Dolphinzz

Ah I did wonder if the promises Samsung made about no bloatware were … Ah I did wonder if the promises Samsung made about no bloatware were true. It was the whole reason I was weary about getting a Samsung phone (I had a Samsung tablet once that was laggy as anything, and my sister had a Samsung phone)

​it wasnt bad to start with now i have Samsung gear? samsung pay they are as invasive as apple taking up space, memory and data.
    i get 16 hours out of my S7 and im a moderate user.
    their bloatware just eats the battery and im sick of it.
    had s5, s6 and this was the best and now s8 is out they are ruining the s7

Moto G5. Amazing phone.

IRONM4N_UK

On paper yes it is!But over 6 months my S7 and the updates from Samsung … On paper yes it is!But over 6 months my S7 and the updates from Samsung have slowed it down and added bloatware galore.Little of their own apps can be uninstalled, put to sleep or disabled.I dont game and if an app takes half a second longer to load its not the end of the world for me.The P2 is a nice clean almost stock experience.Considered waiting for Nokia 6 but think this is a better option for now!

What bloatware exactly? I have an S7 edge and I haven't noticed it slowing down or bloatware added. Most of the stuff can be disabled as well. I'd like to know what apps exactly have been added because I see this claim about bloatware all the time and I don't understand
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery810
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876395
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would31126
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2542

See more discussions