Groups

Need advice about a phone stolen

Banned
    Mate got his phone robbed last night, it wasnt on contract so no insurance but was wondering if anyone knows if you can block a stolen pay as you go phone ?

Ive never had to do it so just wondering if I can help him out by atleast rendering it useless for the 'C U Next Tuesdays'

Any advice is appreciated

10 Comments

Supermod

Yeah, call up the network with the number.

Left mine in the pub last night - it was handed in though - lucky.

Just call the network and they'll sort it for you.

Original Poster Banned

magicjay1986;2411242

Yeah, call up the network with the number.

What number would that be, the IMEI ?

You can get a stolen pay-as-you-go blocked. Get him to call the network, and they will block the sim card from being used. He may need to know the IMEI number to get the phone blocked though.

Supermod

wierdowoss;2411251

What number would that be, the IMEI ?

Nah, the mobile number will suffice mate. They may want the IMEI number to block the actual phone from being used. Should be on the box.

Original Poster Banned

Yeah he wants the phone blocked I presume, sim cards worth ****** all

Original Poster Banned

Cheers for help all, repped

Definitely needs the IMEI number to get it blocked, I never make a note of mine though so unless i still have the box would be stuffed, I dont have highly desirable phones though so no one is that likely to nick it, and if i'm stupid enough to lose it then so be it, they can keep it - finders keepers and all that!

I use the Immboilise website to keep info on my mobile, etc., such as IMEI, serial numbers, and so on.

Plus you have a greater chance of the item being returned.

immobilise.com/

what if you contact the provider, ask for the last few calls made (after it was stolen) ring one of the - I did this before- say you know who they are and that you have evidence that the person who rang them is the person that stole your phone and they obviously know them.
    We got our phone sent back by courier by the person who stole ours by going through the calls they had made - worth a try
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3941603
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846337
      3. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate34
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764606

See more discussions