EXPIRED

need advice about purchase of l refurbished aptop from ebay? any experience or thoughts?

Hi all,

I want to buy a cheap laptop in the range of £150-200 for my younger brother back home for normal internet browsing. As the warranty of new laptops bought in the UK does not apply in overseas (generally), I am thinking ov buying a refurbished dell laptop from ebay which I can get for £160-170 with 1.4-1.6 GHz Intel M, 1 GB ram, 30-60 GB HD, DVD rom/ cd rw and wifi.
Any thoughts about it, has anybody any experience/ observation about ebay refurbished laptops, .

7 Comments

1) goto [url]www.delloutlet.co.uk[/url] and have a look there
2) goto dixons or pcworld and have a look on their sites

should get about the same, upgrading RAM is simple so check out the lower spec models

personally wouldn't buy a laptop off ebay. Plenty of refurb laptops around under £250, at least you have a proper guarantee then.

As compo said, check dixons and pc world - also try Currys as they have a similar range of refurbs and don't forget quidco!

Original Poster

thanks guys for quick replies. As of delloutlet.co.uk, do they sell refurbished laptops in the UK. I couldn't find the link on the dell website to go there. Can you please help me with that?

Regards

pied_piper;3347172

thanks guys for quick replies. As of delloutlet.co.uk, do they sell … thanks guys for quick replies. As of delloutlet.co.uk, do they sell refurbished laptops in the UK. I couldn't find the link on the dell website to go there. Can you please help me with that?Regards

www1.euro.dell.com/con…bsd

or ring 844 444 5219

Original Poster

thanks a lot AugQX for your help. I am looking at these machines right now :whistling:

Original Poster

Hi guys, thanks ever so much for your pointers guys which gave me a direction to proceed further, I have finally bought a refurbished(practically new) fujitsu siemens from comet auctions tonight for £255. The specs are 1.7 GHz intel dual core,80 GB, 2 GB ram, wifi, 1 MB cache and DVD RW. As this gift goes abroad as a gift the VAT (£45)can be recalimed on the way back home so effectively the price is £210.

Cheers once again guys.:whistling:

Original Poster

hi again,

I have just found out that the VAT cannot be claimed on the mail orders or internet purchases so effective price for me is £255 which is not bad either :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?915
    2. Back to European satellite tv32
    3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…11
    4. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland78

See more discussions