Need advice and idea's for my 21st birthday

Found 17th Sep 2012
Evening all,

I need some help with ideas for my 21st birthday this year.

I'll be 21 in December and ideally, I'd like to go away to somewhere in Europe with my girlfriend.

My budget is around £500-£600, but obviously I'd like to spend as little of that as possible.

I'm open to sensible suggestions so, can anyone recommend any destinations or input some useful advise for me? Any deals on for specific places in December?

Thanks in advance for any help given
Community Updates
18 Comments
Happy birthday for December!
Is it before or after Christmas?
If before Christmas do you want to be doing the Christmas markets like in Germany (lots of people about though) or something quieter?
For the money you may actually be able to get some cheapo flights to New York if you shop around.
Lmao at that budget, and you want to spend none of it..........Good Luck with that X)
What are the Christmas markets like? I've never been.
sickly sweet

Happy birthday for December!Is it before or after Christmas?If before … Happy birthday for December!Is it before or after Christmas?If before Christmas do you want to be doing the Christmas markets like in Germany (lots of people about though) or something quieter?For the money you may actually be able to get some cheapo flights to New York if you shop around.

Thank you

My birthday is December 15th and to be honest I'd like something like a city break, whether it be for 2 nights or a week, I don't mind. I don't really want something that's quiet because I like a good atmosphere
transit

Lmao at that budget, and you want to spend none of it..........Good Luck … Lmao at that budget, and you want to spend none of it..........Good Luck with that X)

Doing holidays on a budget can sometimes be the ones the best memories are made of, experiencing things you wouldn't have otherwise done but having a ball nonetheless. It's a perfect time to do it when you're young, when older you will probably have more money and be able to do it 'properly'. The main thing is the company you are with.
transit

Lmao at that budget, and you want to spend none of it..........Good Luck … Lmao at that budget, and you want to spend none of it..........Good Luck with that X)

I don't want to spend none of it, but might be attracted to something if it's a but cheaper. I'm going to be taking a bit of spending money, so £500-£600 should hopefully be enough for flights and hotel
WRXiceman

Thank you :)My birthday is December 15th and to be honest I'd like … Thank you :)My birthday is December 15th and to be honest I'd like something like a city break, whether it be for 2 nights or a week, I don't mind. I don't really want something that's quiet because I like a good atmosphere

I'd look up New York Christmas shopping packages, or separately, my friend did it last year and flights were only £150 per person, less than I expected.
Also German markets will be bustling and good fun.
You will need a warm coat for both of those options and travel insurance incase it gets snowed off.
sickly sweet

I'd look up New York Christmas shopping packages, or separately, my … I'd look up New York Christmas shopping packages, or separately, my friend did it last year and flights were only £150 per person, less than I expected.Also German markets will be bustling and good fun.You will need a warm coat for both of those options and travel insurance incase it gets snowed off.

Cool (no pun intended)
Thanks
new york sounds good but maybe out of budget, shame though as new york is amazing. maybe paris with your girlfriend, plenty of things to see and do and not too far away so may be reasonably priced. never been but would like to.
gmdlogan

What are the Christmas markets like? I've never been.

[img]oxfordmail.co.uk/res…22/?type=articlePortrait[/img]

Saved you £500 bud.
Paris would be romantic but it's expensive. You then have the option of flying or eurostar.
When you have an idea of what you want, and the dates, you should post up a thread asking for any hotel suggestions and if anyone can find the flights/train cheaper than you can.
Tip: try to find some flights/train/hotel before posting as then people will be more likely to help.
I hope that you have a lovely time.
I've been on quite a few city breaks in December and one that was nice for a relatively low price was Budapest. Got a really good deal on this hotel through expedia.co.uk. Had to fly via Amsterdam though but worth checking out their deals.
Thanks for all the comments so far. Thinking about it, I would actually really like to go to Paris.
That hotel in Budapest looks really nice. Total of £422 for flights, and that hotel for 3 nights for 2 people. Is that a good deal?

Also, how much would transfers usually amount to?
WRXiceman

Thanks for thatIs this a good deal … Thanks for thatIs this a good deal =2&destinationId=179994&seniorsPerRoom[1]=0&]Here?Also, how much would transfers usually be?

It was all part of a package when I went. Flights were Glasgow to Budapest via Amsterdam. Think it was with KLM. It was about £500 for a couple and that was including breakfast, free drinks and snacks on the mezzanine and use of pool/spa facilities.

Budapest itself is lovely that time of year as it as the Christmas markets, lots of history and is on the Danube which partially freezes making it look all nice and Christmasy.

Not saying that deal will come up again but there is likely to be something similar.
Thanks for that. Looks pretty good. Definitely something for me to consider
Flights and hotel come up at £629 on expedia so top end of budget and i don't think it's including the extras this time. Should keep an eye on it though. I think the extras come up as the executive club which we got free with our stay.
Vienna or Budapest (cheaper option)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants