Expired

Need Advice been Conned

Found 9th Jun
someone took a item of mine to "try something with"
now they won't bring back and claim they will post I ask for tracking number and they don't reply and blocked calls.
Any advice welcomed.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
What in the name of all that's holy made you give them your stuff to try out? I assume this was through Facebook or eBay or the like. The place is riddled with scammers and fraudsters. I'm surprised anyone still uses such things. At the end of the day, the world is full of scum who will take advantage. Honest people like you pick up the tab. I hope you get your stuff back. Tell me their address and I'll go round and give them my hard stare. Works on my puppy.
12 Comments
Threaten with Police. If they don't respond, go to your local Police station and report a theft, and tell them the persons name and where they live.

Plaster them all over Facebook.

Either that or go round with some mates and "have a word".

Also, why on Earth would you give someone somethng "to try" without any sort of money being given first?
Edited by: "artnada" 9th Jun
artnada12 h, 5 m ago

Threaten with Police. If they don't respond, go to your local Police …Threaten with Police. If they don't respond, go to your local Police station and report a theft, and tell them the persons name and where they live. Plaster them all over Facebook.Either that or go round with some mates and "have a word".Also, why on Earth would you give someone somethng "to try" without any sort of money being given first?

It was a builder they said they would test a appliance of mine (shower pump) and minutes later when i asked for back they were apparently miles away and they had made a 200 mile round journey to quote work, then try saying they want money for fuel and their time.

Its ridiculous. I have contacted the police, i hope they will take appropriate action.

Also am going to use Facebook to try as have them on CCTV and van/numberplate
Edited by: "GasGaGlide" 9th Jun
GasGaGlide11 m ago

It was a builder they said they would test a appliance (shower pump) of …It was a builder they said they would test a appliance (shower pump) of mine and minutes later when i asked for back they were apparently miles away and they had made a 200 mile round journey to quote work, then try saying they want money for fuel and their time.Its ridiculous. I have contacted the police, i hope they will take appropriate action.Also am going to use Facebook to try as have them on CCTV and van/numberplate

Make sure you do post it all over FB. I hope you get them.
What in the name of all that's holy made you give them your stuff to try out? I assume this was through Facebook or eBay or the like. The place is riddled with scammers and fraudsters. I'm surprised anyone still uses such things. At the end of the day, the world is full of scum who will take advantage. Honest people like you pick up the tab. I hope you get your stuff back. Tell me their address and I'll go round and give them my hard stare. Works on my puppy.
Name and shame, I’m sure the guy has an online presence we could leave negative reviews on
Dannyrobbo6 m ago

Name and shame, I’m sure the guy has an online presence we could leave n …Name and shame, I’m sure the guy has an online presence we could leave negative reviews on

Just playing devil's advocate here... Let's not get all vigilante just yet. You can't spoil a person's livelihood on the basis of some random Internet post, you don't know if he's telling the truth.
MadeDixonsCry4 m ago

Just playing devil's advocate here... Let's not get all vigilante just …Just playing devil's advocate here... Let's not get all vigilante just yet. You can't spoil a person's livelihood on the basis of some random Internet post, you don't know if he's telling the truth.

Maybe not, but I’ve no reason to believe the op is lying, it’s not like it was their suggestion to leave negative reviews. If nothing else maybe it will enable somebody make an informed decision to take a quote for a possible scammer
MadeDixonsCry30 m ago

Just playing devil's advocate here... Let's not get all vigilante just …Just playing devil's advocate here... Let's not get all vigilante just yet. You can't spoil a person's livelihood on the basis of some random Internet post, you don't know if he's telling the truth.

Trust me this is more than appropriate. If i wanted to do that i wouldnt have posted on here for advice.
At the end of the day i have tried for weeks to make reasonable ways to get my item. If you seen the communication and shocking response like saying not to post other than tracked i will arrange courier so i know and how depressed i am as dads inheritance and they just send smile back saying there no tracking and wont reply or even discuss how you can get back.

There is tracking with royal mail signed. This was the plan all along and it will happen to others, its a shame.
Then there's the fact well .... 200 miles to quote work when local 7 miles wont even.
He isn't who he claims to be and after taking numerous steps dealing with, he was before answering every occasion within seconds.
As soon as pump gone that was it weeks later and not even a phone call. Just text saying it will be sent and finally when done there is no tracking and its ellusive, despite that i every message said they have no permision to do that with my possesion.

Still i am waiting i am asking for the post office etc that they sent, you can agree im sure if they deny all of this, a negative review from me is beyond fair thats what reviews are for, its horrible even if it was bad customer service but its beyond.
I will be following advice taking to small claims court anyway.

Thanks everyone for advice i will just have to taken the next steps to take to small claims and retrive.
Dannyrobbo21 m ago

Maybe not, but I’ve no reason to believe the op is lying, it’s not like it …Maybe not, but I’ve no reason to believe the op is lying, it’s not like it was their suggestion to leave negative reviews. If nothing else maybe it will enable somebody make an informed decision to take a quote for a possible scammer

You are not allowed to leave negative reviews on the basis that someone is a possible scammer. That's libel. You should get formal documentation from the op before you go vigilante.
GasGaGlide4 m ago

Trust me this is more than appropriate. If i wanted to do that i wouldnt …Trust me this is more than appropriate. If i wanted to do that i wouldnt have posted on here for advice.At the end of the day i have tried for weeks to make reasonable ways to get my item. If you seen the communication and shocking response like saying not to post other than tracked i will arrange courier so i know and how depressed i am as dads inheritance and they just send smile back saying there no tracking and wont reply or even discuss how you can get back.There is tracking with royal mail signed. This was the plan all along and it will happen to others, its a shame.Then there's the fact well .... 200 miles to quote work when local 7 miles wont even.He isn't who he claims to be and after taking numerous steps dealing with, he was before answering every occasion within seconds. As soon as pump gone that was it weeks later and not even a phone call. Just text saying it will be sent and finally when done there is no tracking and its ellusive, despite that i every message said they have no permision to do that with my possesion.Still i am waiting i am asking for the post office etc that they sent, you can agree im sure if they deny all of this the least one negative review is nowhere near as damning as the pain caused to me and beyond fair.I will be taking to small claims court.

Dude, I'm not saying you're lying, I'm just playing devil's advocate. I suggest you do as another poster said and "have a word" taking with you some big burly friends.
MadeDixonsCry4 m ago

Dude, I'm not saying you're lying, I'm just playing devil's advocate. I …Dude, I'm not saying you're lying, I'm just playing devil's advocate. I suggest you do as another poster said and "have a word" taking with you some big burly friends.

Thanks, yeah its a shame, hopefully it will be resolved as its horrible feeling makes depressed awell a lesson anyway.

Hopefully the court method as advised will sort and get money worth or my possession back.
Thanks for all help guys.
MadeDixonsCry58 m ago

You are not allowed to leave negative reviews on the basis that someone is …You are not allowed to leave negative reviews on the basis that someone is a possible scammer. That's libel. You should get formal documentation from the op before you go vigilante.

I cant see the guy taking anybody to court though if he has scammed one I’m sure there’s others

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants