Groups

Need advice deciding between two all round/gaming laptops

Hi all

Looking for a decent all round/gaming capable laptop at a budget of around £500. Have currently narrowed it down to the two laptops linked below.

johnlewis.com/len…ver

store.hp.com/UKS…CNB

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

5 Comments

They both have the 840m in which isn't bad graphics, nearly identical to the 650m I had in a 17" 1080p Dell and that could handle most games at 1080p. Only thing is the dell was less than both of those laptops and that was two years ago.

Weirdly the i5 with the lower number is actually better than the i7 in this case because the i7 is a U and the i5 is a M.
    The Lenevo graphics also has 4GB of ram, but that will make little to no difference compared to the 2GB in the HP, the 4GB might even be slower memory. The 840m will struggle with a high end game before it ever needs to use more than 2GB.

If the HP is £500 and the Lenevo is £550 then HP all the way.
    Edited by: "MIDURIX" 1st Jan 2015

HP also has really really good speakers. My Dell had two quite large stereo speakers and a sub, the HP has 4 speakers and two subs.
    HP also has wireless a/c and Lenevo just has N. HP weights less. Lenevo has one usb 3 and two usb 2. HP has four usb 3.

Original Poster

Thanks for your help!

you could tell is what games you play and any other needs .

winter_zombie

you could tell is what games you play and any other needs .

Good job you didn't put a wink at the end there.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)814
      2. Cheapest new phone line install existing customer34
      3. No Dead Pixel Guarantee?22
      4. cats and royal canin biscuits710

See more discussions