Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Need advice from the HUKD pc gaming folk.

Posted 15th Feb
hi guys ok so I purchased the 5700XT on December 19th from ebuyer as i wanted a good 1440p card and I've defended the card for price and performance lots on here but I seem to be getting tons of errors and crashes in many games one of the games for instance is apex legends I will attach the error I get to the post.. other games included battlefield 5, dishonoured 2 and showdow of the tomb raider black screens ect when I brought this card I did a DDU and done a fresh install of drivers but get same errors what should I do? I've had this card for nearly 2 months and same issues persist could I return it via eBay to ebuyer or should I wait still and hope they fix the issues via a patch to the drivers? what would you do? thanks guys
3407428-kbbYx.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
It seems the issues are more software related and not hardware faulty as having a quick look online and found this example that lots of people with different cards having the same sort of issues.

answers.ea.com/t5/…e/4
tri_9415/02/2020 17:39

It seems the issues are more software related and not hardware faulty as …It seems the issues are more software related and not hardware faulty as having a quick look online and found this example that lots of people with different cards having the same sort of issues. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-legends-dxgi-error-device-hung/td-p/7435801/page/4

I would agree with this but happens on many different games that's my issue like black screen on tomb raider and gears 5 ect.. I love the 5700XT so hoping they sort this out as it shouldn't be this bad
Lots of recommendations to not overclock the cards or reduce the speed I now this is really not ideal but you if possible might be worth trying at least it might confirm things
But but but AMD fans say their drivers are fine now?

Return it, go green.

edit - just saw you bought from Ebuyer. You're f***** then sorry.

Edit2 - saw its through ebay. Yes, return the damn thing! I'd have done it on the first crash.

In future remember why AMD cards are so cheap.
Edited by: "MrKrabs" 15th Feb
MrKrabs15/02/2020 17:50

But but but AMD fans say their drivers are fine now?Return it, go …But but but AMD fans say their drivers are fine now?Return it, go green.edit - just saw you bought from Ebuyer. You're f***** then sorry.

I purchased it via eBay and paid via PayPal I have 90 days to make a claim on PayPal I believe and it's under 6 months so I should be fine
Again looking it seems there is a reg key that maybe be able to fix the problem. If you are unsure what your doing then I wouldn’t recommend this as with the register you can stop your machine loading altogether

Edited by: "tri_94" 15th Feb
MrKrabs15/02/2020 17:50

But but but AMD fans say their drivers are fine now?Return it, go …But but but AMD fans say their drivers are fine now?Return it, go green.edit - just saw you bought from Ebuyer. You're f***** then sorry.Edit2 - saw its through ebay. Yes, return the damn thing! I'd have done it on the first crash.In future remember why AMD cards are so cheap.

It won't let me return under the eBay money back guarantee as it's over 30 days but PayPal have 90 I believe
Justsuperman15/02/2020 17:54

It won't let me return under the eBay money back guarantee as it's over 30 …It won't let me return under the eBay money back guarantee as it's over 30 days but PayPal have 90 I believe

Probably 90, used to be 180.

Open paypal case now if i were you
MrKrabs15/02/2020 17:56

Probably 90, used to be 180.Open paypal case now if i were you

I just opened one surely the item isn't fit for purpose when my games have errors and crashes randomly? I have let it go by to see if amd fix the issues but no cigar.
Probably just a faulty card, it happens with every manufacturer. Contact the retailer and get it replaced.

I'm assuming the previous card/integrated graphics works fine? It could be other bits of hardware that are faulty too but other than perhaps the power supply you'd expect issues with other graphics too if that were the case.
EndlessWaves15/02/2020 18:39

Probably just a faulty card, it happens with every manufacturer. Contact …Probably just a faulty card, it happens with every manufacturer. Contact the retailer and get it replaced. I'm assuming the previous card/integrated graphics works fine? It could be other bits of hardware that are faulty too but other than perhaps the power supply you'd expect issues with other graphics too if that were the case.

When I looked online seems to be many threads about the issues I'm having with the 5700XT.. yes my last card was fine all my hardware is only a few months old PSU is a gold 650w.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants