Need advice on best affordable funeral insurance!

Posted 27th Jun
Will appreciate if people can advise on the best option
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
deleted1451412
I’d be very careful. Assuming you mean prepaid funeral fees, there have been many media articles and complaints about the extras that are charged or companies that have gone under.
There is always a chance that the company you use could go under.
Put money away into a protected bank account that earns interest, which could be used to pay when the time comes.
Ask about the current cost of the funeral you desire, and assume that the cost will rise 100% every 10 years, adding money to the account as necessary.
By having it in an account rather than a funeral scheme, you would be benefiting the survivors by giving them a lump sum, and they can choose how to dispose of your carcass, with the remainder paying for the party or a bill.
I am leaving nothing, I won't be around to benefit from the send off, so medical science gets my body, and they can throw it in the compost when they have finished with it.
Read this first - not just for the value/affordability, but whether a funeral plan is a) worth it and b) worth it for you

Money Saving Expert
Thanks a lot everyone for your valuable advice!
TristanDeCoonha27/06/2020 17:55

There is always a chance that the company you use could go under.Put money …There is always a chance that the company you use could go under.Put money away into a protected bank account that earns interest, which could be used to pay when the time comes.Ask about the current cost of the funeral you desire, and assume that the cost will rise 100% every 10 years, adding money to the account as necessary. By having it in an account rather than a funeral scheme, you would be benefiting the survivors by giving them a lump sum, and they can choose how to dispose of your carcass, with the remainder paying for the party or a bill.I am leaving nothing, I won't be around to benefit from the send off, so medical science gets my body, and they can throw it in the compost when they have finished with it.

you was doing so well, and then you said, dispose of your carcass
Mendoza27/06/2020 23:25

you was doing so well, and then you said, dispose of your carcass

What else is it other than a bag of putrefying flesh, and rotting meat?
Post a comment
@
    Text