Groups

Need advice on cancelling o2 contract - terms etc

Contract due to expire on 24th April this year, just wondering when is the earliest date I can contact them to cancel, notice period etc as won't be renewing. Also can I call them or do I need to write?

Cheers in advance HUKD'ers

4 Comments

You can cancel your contract at any time by giving 30 days written notice. However if you are still within the term of the contract you will be charged termination fees - the number of months remaining x monthly charge.

The postal address is :

O2 Disconnections
    PO Box 242
    Houghton Regis
    LU5 5WA.

In the letter you will need to include your name. address, date, mobile number, account number if known and a statement to the effect that you wish to give 30 days notice to terminate your contract. Make sure you sign aswell, otherwise it will be returned.

What happens next is o2 place a 30 day disconnection notice on the account and 14 days after disconnection produce the final bill.

P.S send the letter recorded so you have proof

You can ring O2 up yourself to cancel but its more than likely they will try and get you to say not taking no for answer before giving you the above address and information.

Original Poster

Cheers for all that, very helpful.

I cancelled by e-mail to [email protected]

And didn't have to go through any messing around with the operator trying to get me to change my mind.

I got an automated acknowledgement straight away and a personal one the next day telling me the date of my cancellation.

Original Poster

Bobbajob;4008563

I cancelled by e-mail to [email protected] didn't have to go … I cancelled by e-mail to [email protected] didn't have to go through any messing around with the operator trying to get me to change my mind.I got an automated acknowledgement straight away and a personal one the next day telling me the date of my cancellation.

Oh right, yeah that sounds good to me. Cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814509
      2. Feels weird!920
      3. What a bunch of brassed necked barstewards79
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563820

See more discussions