Expired

Need advice on choosing a cordless drill.

8 replies
Found 6th Nov 2007
Hi im a bit stuck on which company to go and purchase a cordless drill from: it has come down to the following 4 drill manufacturers
Ryobi
Makita
Black and Decker
Bosch

im looking for somthing with a good performance not something that has difficulty turning when put into a difficult situation my max spend not including delivery is £100. so someone please help

8 Comments

Screwfix have a good range and there is a Makita one reduced from £179 to £99 (free delivery over £50). However, if its a recommendation more than anything you are looking for then I'm definitely not the right person to comment! :roll:

Kimburlee

Screwfix have a good range and there is a Makita one reduced from £179 to … Screwfix have a good range and there is a Makita one reduced from £179 to £99 (free delivery over £50). However, if its a recommendation more than anything you are looking for then I'm definitely not the right person to comment! :roll:

Dunno much about 'em meself,but that one you've mentioned....I will have to tell my OH about.He is also after a drill and that looks just the ticket!

Our mate who is a sparky uses Makita tools so they must be good.My OH has a Bosch and whilst it's ok he wants something better and I'm sure he mentioned this make.

Here is a link for the OP ]Makita Drill

The Makita is the best of those makes and at £99 is good value especially with three batteries.

I use hand power tools daily and Just my opinion but I would rate the ones above in order of preference (robustness)
1. Makita
2. Bosch
3. Ryobi
4. Black and Decker (good enough for around the house!!)

Banned

rangermastiffs

I use hand power tools daily and Just my opinion but I would rate the … I use hand power tools daily and Just my opinion but I would rate the ones above in order of preference (robustness)1. Makita2. Bosch3. Ryobi4. Black and Decker (good enough for around the house!!)

I totally agree....got to say, I'm tempted by the Makita, myself...though not sure how to justify it to the missus :whistling:

Glad this has come up, my OH wants a drill....lol sound's good eh.
the makita looks very tempting, but which would be the better drill set to go for? i'm looking at this one,
screwfix.com/app…886
is that a fair price and a fairly good buy?

cheers

UltimoScorpion

I totally agree....got to say, I'm tempted by the Makita, myself...though … I totally agree....got to say, I'm tempted by the Makita, myself...though not sure how to justify it to the missus :whistling:

Welllllll...........she got her iron didn't she;-)

dewalte are a good brand too though not a cheap brand. you could try phoning Arco, they run deals on power tools regulary. ive picked up a few dewalte this year. recently got a makita on special offer -2 drill set with a impact driver, 3 batteries but just the one charger. got for £140 plus vat. not a bad deal at all.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien46
    2. Is this junction box wired properly??610
    3. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit58
    4. Foo fighters presale code.1110

See more discussions