Groups
    EXPIRED

Need advice on decent consumer camcorder

hi all, the wife is expecting our first child in July so basically i'm considering getting a camcorder to capture some of the moments a camera can't. Problem is I really haven't a clue about what is good or not especially with regards to quality of lens and useful features.

prob looking up to the £300 mark

some people have suggested the Sony hdr-cx105 (which has the benefit of a £60 sony cashback promo) and i've heard good things about the Panasonic HDC-SD9 - can anyone shed any light and suggest some good value deals?

thanks

6 Comments

maybe you know or dont, but no aspects of the birth can be recorded

Original Poster

Emmamed;7548124

maybe you know or dont, but no aspects of the birth can be recorded

i was thinking more along the lines of mother's (and grand parents) moments with the baby - even the baby crying, maybe covering the party we'd have after and of course later down the line first walk etc etc

better off getting a` HD model. even if you dont have a hd tv yet, the resolution makes the pic that much more memoriable.

just recommended the JVC HD320 to a friend of mine. It's out of your budget, but with the current cashback, it comes out to £400.

have a lil think about it.

Original Poster

Plum;7548860

Have you tried this … Have you tried this forum.http://www.avforums.com/forums/camcorders-video-editing/1172423-recommend-camcorder-average-user-let-last-one.html

don't get me wrong i like avforum but i generally find i get more responses on this forum

godsakes;7549332

don't get me wrong i like avforum but i generally find i get more … don't get me wrong i like avforum but i generally find i get more responses on this forum

No prob. Just making sure you knew about that source of info. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Extractor fan blown? (excuse the pun)23
      2. Which Mobile Network?44
      3. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!67
      4. Biscuit addiction1955

See more discussions