Found 9th Nov 2016
My son wants do wireless headphones for Xmas, main use being to mix music, however I'm rubbish at picking things like this. Can anyone advise me please ? Thanks

9 Comments

Budget?

Stay away from Beats. I'm not too knowledgeable on wireless headphones but stick to reputable companies like Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, Shure, Beyerdynamic, AKG (?).

I'm buying my boyfriend some Bose ones- best on the market atm for wirelesss earphones, but sennheiser is also a good shout

Squishyonthemoon

I'm buying my boyfriend some Bose ones- best on the market atm for … I'm buying my boyfriend some Bose ones- best on the market atm for wirelesss earphones, but sennheiser is also a good shout

Bose are the market leaders when it comes to noise cancelling - that's about it. If you want the best audio quality, then there are plenty other better options. Heck, even in the noise cancelling world, a lot of people would argue that the Momentum 2.0 wireless are better than the Bose QC25/35 for both noise cancellation and audio quality.

iKayZee

Bose are the market leaders when it comes to noise cancelling - that's … Bose are the market leaders when it comes to noise cancelling - that's about it. If you want the best audio quality, then there are plenty other better options. Heck, even in the noise cancelling world, a lot of people would argue that the Momentum 2.0 wireless are better than the Bose QC25/35 for both noise cancellation and audio quality.

Agreed, for noise cancelling Bose are arguably at the top of the tree. However, there is a lot better out there for audio quality alone.

If your son is going to be mixing, then avoid the "noise cancelling" ones. As he'll need to hear the background noise to help cue up whats in his headphones. The idea of "noise cancelling" is to cancell out that background noise he needs.

Watching the top DJ's nowadays, they nearly all go with either Pioneer, Sennheiser or Sony.

But, however, you dont see any top DJ's with wireless ones. Years ago, there used to be issue's with delays (in the sound) in them-which made mixing more difficult, what they are like nowadays i dont know, but considering top dj' still use the wired tells you something.

JVC ones offer great quality and value for money, your buget would help picking ones out
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ZAVVI and Pre-Orders22
    2. Building a PC Need Help!33
    3. Do I need a gigabit switch or will 10/100mbps be sufficient22
    4. What's this on my neighbours roof?1820

See more discussions