Need advice please regarding M8 Android Box/ Virgin Media and Sky

Found 13th May 2016
I currently use a M8 android box mainly for streaming Sky Sports, my contract with Virgin Media is about to end. I'd prefer to switch to Sky for broadband and tv (i hate the tivo box and i find sky cheaper than Virgin). I heard a rumour and I've tried Googling it with no success that somehow Sky Broadband know you're illegally streaming their sports and movie channels so block it via their broadband. Is this true?
Does anyone use a jailbroken android box via Sky broadband without problems?
Second question, I can only get Fibre optic broadband in my area via Virgin so i have to use standard broadband with other providers. My download speed is approx 3.5-4 mbps so again is this suitable for an android box?
I'd love some advice on this. Thankyou in advance!!☺

13 Comments

Original Poster

Thanks!!

android streaming boxes like now t.v. need 2+mbs so with your expected 3.5-4mb expect buffering

No issues streaming with Sky BB.

Original Poster

centurion01

android streaming boxes like now t.v. need 2+mbs so with your expected … android streaming boxes like now t.v. need 2+mbs so with your expected 3.5-4mb expect buffering

​hmm yep thought as much

rubytuesday0203

I heard a rumour and I've tried Googling it with no success that … I heard a rumour and I've tried Googling it with no success that somehow Sky Broadband know you're illegally streaming their sports and movie channels so block it via their broadband. Is this true?

Where did you hear this information? Maybe they block access to certain websites?

jailbroken android box never heard of it only apple needs jail breaking

rubytuesday0203

I currently use a M8 android box mainly for streaming Sky Sports, … I currently use a M8 android box mainly for streaming Sky Sports, my contract with Virgin Media is about to end. I'd prefer to switch to Sky for broadband and tv (i hate the tivo box and i find sky cheaper than Virgin). I heard a rumour and I've tried Googling it with no success that somehow Sky Broadband know you're illegally streaming their sports and movie channels so block it via their broadband. Is this true? Does anyone use a jailbroken android box via Sky broadband without problems? Second question, I can only get Fibre optic broadband in my area via Virgin so i have to use standard broadband with other providers. My download speed is approx 3.5-4 mbps so again is this suitable for an android box?I'd love some advice on this. Thankyou in advance!!☺

I use freesat box that recordeds and for sports and stuff i use a skybox, to get sports channels

Original Poster

nathan18k

Where did you hear this information? Maybe they block access to certain … Where did you hear this information? Maybe they block access to certain websites?

​can't remember who told me, it was a while ago

without sounding negative and nasty, i would say that some of the information you are using and have heard is simply not true. if you're a kodi android user, i dont know why you're even bothering with a tv service anyway (just my opinion), and as you would be down to slow internet if you lose virgin, you would experience massive issues with a streaming service. i would, lose all but virgin internet and possibly upgrade this with your savings, or just pocket the savings, and get a good internet and fully use your kodi box.

Dave

as number 9 above says. if you are happy stealing copyright content, just get fibre broadband with VM, cancel your TV provider service and just use kodi addons and tv catch up services aswell as freeview/freesat.

Add on Netflix and Amazon if you like for a fairly cheap monthly cost

Original Poster

I can't get any tv services in my area. Nothing. (live 3 miles out of Leeds city cebtre and get nothing). Unbelievable but true. Reason why i subscribe to tv is for live and recordable broadcasting. It is slightly more reliable to pay for that than rely on the android box

Original Poster

bloody hell just been called a thief. Someone please delete this thread.
How offensive is that?

rubytuesday0203

bloody hell just been called a thief. Someone please delete this thread. … bloody hell just been called a thief. Someone please delete this thread. How offensive is that?

but streaming sky sports etc is stealing. What did you expect?

you even admitted it yourself

"somehow Sky Broadband know you're illegally streaming their sports and movie channels "
Edited by: "chocci" 13th May 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants