Need advise: Indoor Ariel for DTV Freeview

Found 10th Jul 2008
Got my new TV, but need an indoor ariel good enough to get a freeview signal in my room - anyone recommend one?

6 Comments

This was asked by someone else few days ago. See my post on
hotukdeals.com/ite…lp/

You can hide this antenna behind a picture. It is brilliant - I use one.

Tesco do a cheapy one for £4.99, and it's better than the electric booster ariel i bought for £25.

... you lucky sod ... we will never be able to recieve freeview ... and they shut off our analogue in 12 months time :x:roll:

mumto3;2501251

... you lucky sod ... we will never be able to recieve freeview ... and … ... you lucky sod ... we will never be able to recieve freeview ... and they shut off our analogue in 12 months time :x:roll:

while the analogue signal is maintained, the digital signal cannot be broadcast in full and at full power across the UK. maybe you will get it when analogue is turned off if not go for this option its better than freeview ]http//ww…spx

Hi,
My mate bought this said it works very well and at a reasonable cost also free delivery.

play.com/Ele…tml

ding;2501655

while the analogue signal is maintained, the digital signal cannot be … while the analogue signal is maintained, the digital signal cannot be broadcast in full and at full power across the UK. maybe you will get it when analogue is turned off

Unfortunately thats Government BS. I often checked the Freeview postcode update at [url]www.freeview.co.uk[/url] because i bought a TV with builtin freeview 2 years ago. It been down as - cannot recieve freeview, but they are 'always improving coverage' , then a few months ago when it incorrectly stated i could recieve BBC News, BBC1/2 and TV.

Then the latest update states - and i quote 'Unfortunately, you won't be able to receive any Freeview channels now, or after your region has switched to digital TV.' , and our region turns off the analogue signal next July.

I dont really care because i do have Sky (mainly for Eurosport), although it is a right pain only having one channel selectable through the entire house - especially with 3 kids. Its more the principle, especially when it comes to rising Sky subscriptions and more importantly the TV licence Fee. Theres no real provisions for people like me (they could at least provide free 'Free'Sat, rather than just a middle finger. Anyway, thats my rant over :roll:
Post a comment
@
    Text