Need an all-in-one PC recommendation, around £800

Posted 12th Mar
So I need to buy a PC to work from home but thought I may as well use the opportunity to get something powerful enough to run modern games. I usually just have a small MacBook Pro that I use daily so gaming isn't really much of an option.

Is there any good deals around that would bring a nice all-in-one into my budget?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Why an all-in-one rather than a tower?
Do not buy AIO
Slow, no upgradability, difficult to repair when compare to desktop, and can't move around when compare to laptop.

If you don't have enough space, get a m-itx desktop instead.

Are you capable to build yourself, or are you just want to buy a pre-built?
Gormond12/03/2020 12:31

Why an all-in-one rather than a tower?

Purely aesthetics and space saving. Would prefer a good looking white all-in-one if possible.
Cisco06060612/03/2020 12:33

Do not buy AIOSlow, no upgradability, difficult to repair when compare to …Do not buy AIOSlow, no upgradability, difficult to repair when compare to desktop, and can't move around when compare to laptop.If you don't have enough space, get a m-itx desktop instead.Are you capable to build yourself, or are you just want to buy a pre-built?

Needs to be pre-built and available for fast delivery, preferably delivered tomorrow or the weekend!
Vanderlust12/03/2020 12:40

Purely aesthetics and space saving. Would prefer a good looking white …Purely aesthetics and space saving. Would prefer a good looking white all-in-one if possible.

i think apple all-in-ones have the monopoly on white
This is the one if you want it small, pre-built and quick

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
Now I'm thinking.. just buy a cheap all-in-one purely to work from home, and forget about the pc gaming. PS5 or new Xbox out soon, I could get something like that to satisfy my gaming itch..
Why not laptop with monitor?

If it is pure MS office application, £200 used laptop and plug into £100 monitor will do the job.
Vanderlust12/03/2020 12:40

Purely aesthetics and space saving. Would prefer a good looking white …Purely aesthetics and space saving. Would prefer a good looking white all-in-one if possible.

If that's the case I don't think you can really look past an iMac although it wont really serve your gaming need.
I don't think the iMac has been available in white for fifteen years now.

AIO tends to be an all or nothing market where either everything is high end or everything is cheap, so there's not much pairing a pokey graphics card with modest CPU, screen, peripherals etc. that you'd want to game well on an £800 budget.

Your best bet is probably a Mini PC like an Intel Hades Canyon (the tacky glowing skull can be hidden) combined with a white monitor. But even that is going to be closer to £1000 than £800.

As you say you could go for a cheap all in one with a video input and plug a console into it, but that's not that neat on the desk either - the first consoles in a generation are often bulky and noisy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants