Groups
    EXPIRED

Need battery for I-mate SP3 phone

Since my wife dropped her SP3 to water, battery behaves erraticaly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    Looks like I need new battery...
    I've been looking on a web and found a couple of retailers. However, none of them are known to me (no surprise really - I do not know many of phone parts suppliers).
    Most of those shops are selling batteries under a tenner. Amazon, for example is selling it for 16 quid.

These shops are:
    Mobile Joy
    Mobile Phone Battery
    M99
    First Phone Shop
    and others

It seems that the only branded one is from Amazon.

Question: does anyone knows these companies (I don't mean Amazon :))? Are they reputable?

Any advice appreciated.

4 Comments

do you know for sure the battery is faulty?

Original Poster

Well.. I don't. If phone is running off battery then screen starting to change colours (really weird). If it is running off USB cable (either PC or charger) then there is nothing like that. So I suspect that faults could be:
    1. Recharging circuitry
    2. Power circuitry
    3. Battery
    4. Screen circuitry (when battery power drops below some threshold it is starting to play).

Any other ideas apart from putting this phone straight to bin?

yes buy a very cheap battery from ebay just to test it... if you pay £10-£15 and wasn't the battery then is a big loss but 2-3 quids if you buy from ebay that's looks OK

Original Poster

Need to think about it. I found cheap battery on ebay for a bit less than 6 quid delivered. Might be a good solution... Thanks!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32451
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047111
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767265
      4. love affairs1445

See more discussions