Found 14th Apr 2011
Hasn't been done since 2006 when it was installed. I was told by a British gas engineer that I could sign up to the care package then cancel once the service had been carried out...anyone done this?

Was looking at E-on's 3 month 50% off care package. Otherwise most are charging £75-£80 for a service. Would stick to the 3 months off then cancel. Any advice appreciated cheers.

10 Comments

2006, blimey and i thought my sex life was bad

Original Poster Banned

boabbyrab

2006, blimey and i thought my sex life was bad

your trolling skills suck

Banned

EON T&Cs.

section 6.10.2

if We have carried out any Work, You must pay the Minimum
Charge to cover Our costs.

propertyservices.eonenergy.com/Use…pdf

Can see this being more than £75!
Edited by: "csiman" 14th Apr 2011

Original Poster Banned

csiman

EON T&Cs.section 6.10.2if We have carried out any Work, You must pay the … EON T&Cs.section 6.10.2if We have carried out any Work, You must pay the MinimumCharge to cover Our costs.[url=%0Ahttp://propertyservices.eonenergy.com/UserFiles/File/Central%20Heating%20Care%20Terms%20and%20Conditions.pdf]http://propertyservices.eonenergy.com/UserFiles/File/Central%20Heating%20Care%20Terms%20and%20Conditions.pdf[/url]Can see this being more than £75!

ha cheers, don't listen to engineers! should have learnt from the sky engineer who didn't have a clue what was actually in the box. Had to tell him what went wrong with the original Thomson boxes. He said..."oh you're one of those" ...hu? "a techie"
Edited by: "lumoruk" 14th Apr 2011

Banned

We've got the service contract with BG. About £17 a month I think.
It's been brilliant and we've called them out numerous time for different things - all without paying extra.

Stop being cheap and pay a couple of hundred a year for a good service.

Original Poster Banned

JonnyTwoToes

Stop being cheap and pay a couple of hundred a year for a good service.

Are you implying they give a rubbish service if you aren't contracted with them?

Banned

lumoruk

Are you implying they give a rubbish service if you aren't contracted … Are you implying they give a rubbish service if you aren't contracted with them?

No, I'm saying for the amount of time you can use them, you might as well do the contract.

Original Poster Banned

on another note, does anyone know if they clean the heat exchanger? I think our secondary one is slightly blocked. It's supposed to be cleaned every 2yrs according to the manufacture.

My plumber only charges around £50 for a service, maybe down south it's more?

Personally I would just pay for the service and forget faffing with packages. As for having a pay monthly thing, it'd be a waste of time for us, always had a relatively new boiler and never had to call out inbetween services.

lumoruk

on another note, does anyone know if they clean the heat exchanger? I … on another note, does anyone know if they clean the heat exchanger? I think our secondary one is slightly blocked. It's supposed to be cleaned every 2yrs according to the manufacture.

I would guess this depends on the specific boiler, just phone one and ask him, quoting your make?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Urgent help needed with travel agent55
    2. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22
    3. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33
    4. Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop33

See more discussions