Need brake discs and pads changing on Ford Fiesta 2012

Posted 29th Dec 2019
Does anyone know how much this would possibly cost at somewhere like Halfords?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
Probably alot, go to a independent garage. Just google car garages in your area.
Easy enough job. Check on YouTube, and buy the tools if you haven't got them. Save a fortune.
bally1234529/12/2019 15:32

Probably alot, go to a independent garage. Just google car garages in your …Probably alot, go to a independent garage. Just google car garages in your area.

Ye maybe I’ll try that. Never used a private garage before though.
Halfords are a rip off, they charge well over the odds for parts and the labour charge is also high.

An independent garage will charge something much more reasonable and if its a good garage the chances are you will go back for any other issues.

You can get a quick idea of the cost of parts by going on ebay or euro car parts website
Try whocanfixmycar.com , local garages will quote you prices
national tyres have 20% voucher on the website, I always find them reasonably priced.
39531470-1zqcx.jpg
Would probably be cheaper at the Ford garage than Halford and that's saying something
Have a look at Fords own website.
They sometimes have decent prices for their out of warranty services. Parts wise you’re probably looking at around £70-£100 if you do it yourself.
Around £80-100 for parts (assuming you don't buy cheap rubbish) and £20-30 for someone to fit them.
if it's an older car then a lot of main dealers do fixed price repairs for common wear and tear items such as brakes so you can probably look up the price online.

Where abouts are you located - maybe someone can recommend a good local garage in your area.

ford.co.uk/own….ds

Those prices aren't outrageous to be honest, a local independent would be a little bit cheaper.
Edited by: "notavalidaddress" 29th Dec 2019
Try this site. Normally the garages are quiet good as you have to post a review after. And they will send you a price within a very short time. Think you will get better price and service here
notavalidaddress29/12/2019 19:13

if it's an older car then a lot of main dealers do fixed price repairs for …if it's an older car then a lot of main dealers do fixed price repairs for common wear and tear items such as brakes so you can probably look up the price online.Where abouts are you located - maybe someone can recommend a good local garage in your area.https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/service-and-maintenance/motorcraft/repairs/brakes?searchid=ppc:Search_GB(eng)|[AO]_FCSD_SD_FCSD_Parts:Brakes_CPPI_GBP|Shp-T2|BMM:Ford-Brakes-BMM:+brakes +ford:b:c:g:GOOGLE&gclid=CjwKCAiAuqHwBRAQEiwAD-zr3cGuSk1pxZHmoT4lXc0Q8R2L1VAcD6EQ5RFYZEJ1CUL0wtAb9P1E5BoCivMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.dsThose prices aren't outrageous to be honest, a local independent would be a little bit cheaper.

Wow, for those prices I think I'd rather try and change them myself, I'm quite competent and done a fair bit by watching YouTube videos.
Yeah Ford are generally overpriced. I'm having my timing belt, tensioner and water pump done next week, Ford want £550, a local garage I trust is doing it for £270.
kash201329/12/2019 21:34

Try this site. Normally the garages are quiet good as you have to post a …Try this site. Normally the garages are quiet good as you have to post a review after. And they will send you a price within a very short time. Think you will get better price and service here

Already suggested
dcx_badass30/12/2019 02:02

Yeah Ford are generally overpriced. I'm having my timing belt, tensioner …Yeah Ford are generally overpriced. I'm having my timing belt, tensioner and water pump done next week, Ford want £550, a local garage I trust is doing it for £270.

That’s a good price - my local garage that I trust did mine for around the £400 mark.
I changed mine (fiesta) at the start of the year, brembo pads and discs cost me £60 from gsf and took me around 2hrs. If it’s the rear pads, you’ll have to factor in a rewind tool.
If you’re not confident to do it yourself, just call a few garages for a quote. If I remember right, kwickfit wanted around £150 to do mine.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions