Expired

need carpet fitted in attic

3 replies
Found 15th Jan 2009
can anyone recommend a cheap carpet company that also do the fitting? I've just had the loft done out and looking at getting it carpeted, just a need a plain dark coloured carpet (say brown).

PS i'm based in York if anyone with local only suggestions

cheers

3 Comments

There are a couple of carpet shops up on Clifton Moor and they sell roll ends which you can pick up quite cheaply, one of them has a sale on at the moment aswell so its a good time to buy. I have used fitters from these stores and they have been ok but if you get a roll end and its an uncomplicated room then it might be cheaper for you to just flick through the yellow pages and get a couple of quotes from independent carpet fitters. Also try the big B&Q up near Osbaldwick, they do carpets/roll ends if you're on a budget. Good luck!

Original Poster

thanks, i popped into about 5 shops today and got myself sorted out on a end of roll for £265 fitted from carpet right

storeys were doing a bargain £2.50 per sq meter (worked out about £190), but it was a shorter roll which meant more joins and poorer quality

Glad you got sorted
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769367
    2. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3280
    3. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1214
    4. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…47

See more discussions