Groups

Need external hard drive recommendations

I am on the hunt for an external hard drive for my girlfriend's iMac, and come seeking recommendations from you fine people. Unfortunately I am simply not really in the know in this area and can't tell a reliable brand from a dodgy brand, and all that internet searching seems to bring up is bad reviews for virtually all the brands (whether or not this is an industry trend I don't know).

It needs to be at least 500GB and AC powered would be fine considering it will be sitting on a desk. Reliability is the main requirement, so whilst I have noted a few on here recently (the 1TB Iomega from Comet caught my eye because I have a 500GB Iomega that has been going forever) I am more than willing to spend a bit more to guarantee reliability.

So you recommendations please, people. I offer rep for helpful answers, for it is all I have to give.

5 Comments

Banned

google.co.uk/pro…wAA

Extremely reliable and Apple friendly.

Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Has anyone got any comment to make on the Western Digital Elements drive?

Original Poster

I went ahead and ordered the 500GB Seagate one that Summoner recommended. Thanks to all three of you; you have been repped.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …214612
      2. Now TV Passes From Snatch App12
      3. Best advert ever to be seen.99
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416614118

See more discussions