Expired

need free kittens in london area .. can anyone suggest sites or anyone please

Found 23rd Apr 2014
i would like to adopt a kitten to a lovely home for FREE. can someone suggest a site or a contact number or email to whom i can talk to... kitten only please

39 Comments

check out preloved.co.uk they have free kittens on there sometimes - Some taste fantastic!

I'm sorry but someone wanting a kitten but only if it's free is hardly a decent person to home an animal.

You might think you are saving money getting one that is given away for free but if you adopt one from an animal charity and pay an adoption fee of say £50 they will have been neutered, microchipped and vaccinated which will cost you more than £50 if you did it all yourself

As others have said - the cost of the kitten in the first place should be the least of your worries. I've had my cat for a year now, and she's been to the vets twice (once for UTI treatment, and the 2nd time she needed eye drops). I pay £6 per month pet insurance, but you would still have to pay the excess if you have to claim (which I didn't because the treatment was less than the excess). So she had her booster injections, and two trips for treatment, costing me about £140, plus 12 months worth of pet insurance at £6 a month - then all of the toys/bedding/food we've bought her. I think she's probably cost me about £400 in her first year of being with us.

If you can't afford to buy the kitten in the first place, then you can't afford the upkeep. Not saying that this is the case here, but just so you're aware.

Edited by: "easytigrr" 23rd Apr 2014

got both my cats free from the same litter, both been spayed, flea treated every month and have insurance too. I felt better taking on the free ones than paying for one as there are so many out there that end up dumped because no-one wants them. lets not judge eh!
I got mine out of an ad in the local paper

Ok, Is this a money saving site? YES!!! So if you can get a kitten for £50 or a kitten for free, which is a better deal? Plenty of people move homes and need to get rid of kittens, or some Tom cat got a girl in trouble!! As i said, try preloved there's usually something on there

I wont pay for a cat at all, not when like I said, so many are dumped on strained rescue services.

whatsThePoint

from the cats point of view paying £50 is better otherwise you just get … from the cats point of view paying £50 is better otherwise you just get people letting their cat have countless kittens in the knowledge they can just give kittens away if no responsible buyer can be found

So if there is a cat for free and one for £50 the £50 one is always a better deal?? Don't be a fool!

from my point of view I got 2 free cats that I have given a loving home too and can be well looked after and stopped them from breeding more or ending up in a kebab

Paying the shelter fee is actually including the cost of neutering, microchip and first jags etc so that would be the money saving option if this was really about saving money and not just irresponsible pet ownership.

UnicornRiver

So if there is a cat for free and one for £50 the £50 one is always a b … So if there is a cat for free and one for £50 the £50 one is always a better deal?? Don't be a fool!

paying £50 to a cat rescue is better deal

with this method you know the kitten is in good health, it will be neutered and vaccinated and possibly micro-chipped - all of these ESSENTIAL items will cost teh new owner more than £50

EliTom

elitom

paying £50 to a cat rescue is better dealwith this method you know the … paying £50 to a cat rescue is better dealwith this method you know the kitten is in good health, it will be neutered and vaccinated and possibly micro-chipped - all of these ESSENTIAL items will cost teh new owner more than £50EliTom

And??? There are Kittens for free that have this already! and neutered and micro chipped are not essential at all! OP just asked if anyone knew where their are any free kittens! And the OP is clearly a Doctor from the username, so may well be able to neuter etc themselves!

why not go to your local rescue center and get a kitten from there? yes you have to pay but you'd be doing 2 good deeds in 1 go, re-homing an unwanted kitten & giving money to a good cause at the same time.

I would think it would be quite rare to get a free kitten that has all the treatments done, most of the time they are free because their owners didn't get their existing cats neutered and so they have an unwanted pregnancy and just want to get rid of the kittens without any further cost to the owner

so what should you do with the free kittens then, dismiss them and have them drowned?

CookinBat

so what should you do with the free kittens then, dismiss them and have … so what should you do with the free kittens then, dismiss them and have them drowned?

No, Just charge £50 and that means they are better!

whatsThePoint

charge money for them and if no one buys them ask yourself why you … charge money for them and if no one buys them ask yourself why you allowed your cat to have them in the first place

Not talking from personal experience, all our cats been neutered..just don't see anything wrong with a free one..No different from one costing money except a price tag..

whatsThePoint

most people who take on a free animal do it on a whim and soon decide its … most people who take on a free animal do it on a whim and soon decide its not for them, the animal then usually ends up in a shelterso by buying the new owner has at least shown some commitment to taking it on and reduces the chances of the animal needing to find a new home in the near future or because they got it free they aren't going to spend around £100 getting it neutered leading to more free animalsbut if anyone else has a better explanation as to why animal rescues are over flowing with pets feel free to say

Yeah I see where you're coming from, but you have to also bear in mind that some of these free kittens do end up in animal rc's anyway, and it still wont have any impact on irresponsible cat owners who don't give a toss..

whatsThePoint

would that be the irresponsible cat owners who got it free?

yes most likely, still begs the question, what to do with the free kittens!

meow?

whatsThePoint

most people who take on a free animal do it on a whim and soon decide its … most people who take on a free animal do it on a whim and soon decide its not for them, the animal then usually ends up in a shelterso by buying the new owner has at least shown some commitment to taking it on and reduces the chances of the animal needing to find a new home in the near future or because they got it free they aren't going to spend around £100 getting it neutered leading to more free animalsbut if anyone else has a better explanation as to why animal rescues are over flowing with pets feel free to say

We have cats - all free. Where are the statistics that show that people who get free animals do so on a whim and then want to get rid of them?
(and before you ask, they are all now neutered and vaccinated)

you are getting irresponsible buyers and sellers mixed up! There is nothing to say the OP won't keep a free cat!

Just realised, my 8 year old dog was free too...
Just opening the door and sending him on his way now....

whatsThePoint

the animals shelters are full of the statistics and I bet someone who … the animals shelters are full of the statistics and I bet someone who paid for a kitten wouldn't be as quick as someone who got it free to give it upplus i'm not saying every free kitten gets kicked out once the new owner gets bored with it

There is no evidence that the animal shelters are full of kittens/cats that previously belonged to people who got them for free then gave them up.

whatsThePoint

if you say so X)

thanks. xxx

whatsThePoint

most people who take on a free animal do it on a whim and soon decide its not for them

Oh really???? Where did you get this statistic, pls provide proof. What utter rubbish. Paying £50 on Gumtree to someone that just keeps letting their moggie have kittens is worse! If people WOULDN'T pay strangers to take their kittens, that would stop! I would only either take a free kitten, or adopt one from a known charity such as Cats Protection League and pay THEM. Wanting a free kitten is no indicator of anything.

UnicornRiver

And??? There are Kittens for free that have this already! and neutered … And??? There are Kittens for free that have this already! and neutered and micro chipped are not essential at all! OP just asked if anyone knew where their are any free kittens! And the OP is clearly a Doctor from the username, so may well be able to neuter etc themselves!

The OP could be a doctor.....or a binman......or a pole dancer......or unemployed! (sorry OP, nothing personal!). The user name is quite irrelevant and even if he/she WAS a doctor I'm horrified that you actually seem to think they could just operate on an animal! And neutering, vaccination and microchipping ARE essential!

Lou Scotland

The OP could be a doctor.....or a binman......or a pole dancer......or … The OP could be a doctor.....or a binman......or a pole dancer......or unemployed! (sorry OP, nothing personal!). The user name is quite irrelevant and even if he/she WAS a doctor I'm horrified that you actually seem to think they could just operate on an animal! And neutering, vaccination and microchipping ARE essential!

That would be a huge fraud - For instance, I'm called UnicornRiver, because I am a Unicorn! And if you believe it's essential to neuter every cat, it's gonna be a pretty cat free world in a few years!

whatsThePoint

"You should never offer to give kittens or cats away for free or take … "You should never offer to give kittens or cats away for free or take free kittens.Giving cats and kittens away for free is a bad idea for many reasons:•Free implies worthless. It devalues the animal.•When NO money is involved, people tend to make snap decisions. Cats that are taken home on impulse are very often no longer wanted once the novelty wears off and they are cast out. This only leads to more breeding cats in need of homes.•There are unscrupulous people who seek out free kittens for a variety of reasons – to be sold to animal testing labs, used for snake food, or used as dog fighting bait. We have recently heard about two day old kittens being hooked and used as musky fishing bait. These people"http://www.carolsferals.org/no-more-free-kittens/

Well said

I'm for and against free animals.
The negatives for free pets is that some people will take them on and get bored of them, or abuse them and yes maybe some do get them on a whim because they're free.
But at the same time, I'd rather not pay for a pet - because I'd rather spend that money on getting something for the animal, ie treats, food, bedding etc so by the pet being free, they get loads of goodies :D.

whatsThePoint

I didn't say it, I quoted a woman who spends her life helping unwanted … I didn't say it, I quoted a woman who spends her life helping unwanted kittens so probably knows what she is talking about, unlike those deluded people on here who think every free kitten goes to a good home

No one is saying every free kitten goes to a good home, you are saying the OP will be a bad owner as she would rather not pay... Big difference!!

bex85

I'm for and against free animals. The negatives for free pets is that … I'm for and against free animals. The negatives for free pets is that some people will take them on and get bored of them, or abuse them and yes maybe some do get them on a whim because they're free. But at the same time, I'd rather not pay for a pet - because I'd rather spend that money on getting something for the animal, ie treats, food, bedding etc so by the pet being free, they get loads of goodies :D.

I'd also rather give my unwanted pet for free to a good decent owner, than sell it to the highest bidder - Such as a homeless, who need a quick animal to boost their sympathy ratings and get more money for begging!

Original Poster

UnicornRiver

check out preloved.co.uk they have free kittens on there sometimes - Some … check out preloved.co.uk they have free kittens on there sometimes - Some taste fantastic!

thank you, i will have a look

Let's just all agree that stingy people that own cats are low lifes. Dogs FTW!

Screw cats, everyone get some greyhounds.

petfood manufacturers love non neutered cats, just sayin..:{

Bird68

Screw cats, everyone get some greyhounds.

reported for encouraging bestiality

Pets are cheap to buy but expensive when they get ill
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions