Groups

Need help!!

Its my daughters birthday next week and we have no idea what to get her!! She will be 8 she has a ds (r4d) not really in to toys much what she is into we have got her for xmas!

At the moment think it might be a dolls house but think it might be a 5min wonder.

usally spend about £50-£60

Any ideas??

15 Comments

she into singing?

karoke machine?

digital camera so she can take her own pics?

I got my daughter a dolls house and she hardly played with it!!

What about an MP3 player with stuff like High School Musical & mamma mia on? My daughter who is 11 is into all that stuff and a lot of the girls at her school from age 5 and up are into it as well.

Original Poster

she has got a ipod shuffle for xmas! She loves singing but i dont like her singing lol like sceaming cats!! Then they all start! (have 3 girls) digital camera sounds a good idea ill have a look.

I would go with the cheap digital camera or a larger card for the DS. Worked for my 8 year old!

sammyj7;3521685

she has got a ipod shuffle for xmas! She loves singing but i dont like … she has got a ipod shuffle for xmas! She loves singing but i dont like her singing lol like sceaming cats!! Then they all start! (have 3 girls) digital camera sounds a good idea ill have a look.

LMAO!!!

My daughter has an ipod 4 xmas 2. She is always singing and it does my head in (i reckon she's tone deaf)!!!! I havent got the heart to tell her though!!!:-D

straightners or curlers...carmen girls stuff?!

How about a karaoke mic or re-decorate her room as a surprise?

Original Poster

we have a karaoke machine which only comes out birthdays and xmas, id be in the local nut house if she had it in her room lol.

I re-decorated my eldest room as a surprise last year she loved it my 8 year old shares a room with another sister so dont think it would be fair.

Bike - get's her some phys too

what about an experience, somthing she would love to to but its very expensive, horse riding, short flight on ryanair. trip to a big city, fancy lunch, nail bar, trip to the bear factory. take loads of pictures for a memory scrapbook

subscription to a magazine, sleepover for friends with take away pizzas make overs ect.

How about a trip to town and take her to toy / book shops etc and ask her to choose something she would like?

My daughter will be 8 in April and for christmas has asked for a digital camera ( as mentioned by someone else above). I got her one from Amazon for £35 with a waterproof case, not worth spending a fortune on a fancy one for kids, but it's 8mp so like you said, an idea worth considering. She's also asked for some Heeleys (reduced again on Amazon). A couple of suggestions that may help.

i'm lucky-my 8 year ld is a boy-he loves football, so anything to do with that is always a hit !

How about a micro-scooter ? or a game for the DS ? Or has she got a music player in her room?

Original Poster

Going to get her a digital camera i think Kodak easy share m753 £49.99 at argos.

many thanks for all the good ideas.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions