Need Help !!!!

Edited by:"gohersohail"Found 13th Dec 2017
I booked one room at hampton by hilton for 9 nights in mid january. But for some reason i had to cancel it like just after 5 minutes of reservation i called them to cancel it and was told that the reservation is non-refundable.
Can anyone help me What should i do now They charged me with £700
is there any legal rights for a customer? Like i didNt waste any time and informed them stright away and the reservation is more than a month.
Any kind help would be appreciated.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
16 Comments

📧 head office.

I'm afraid you have no recourse - the "non refundable " rates are cheap because they are non refundable .

Possibly the best option is to write them a sob story email and ask if they cannot give you a refund ,could they at least give you a voucher or similar to use on a future visit "As you are so impressed with the reputation and customer service of Hilton " etc

Maybe you could sell it on slightly cheaper so you don't lose out totally.

Mate recently booked a hotel but got dates wrong. Couldn't do anything about it.. Lost money
All you can do is write a letter and possibly accept a change dates later in the year or partial refund.. Give them options.. Even if you don't go somebody you know might if later in the year
Edited by: "wayners" 13th Dec 2017

only gesture of goodwill of some sort if you have a good sob story for cancellation.

No legal rights.

You could try to ask for a change of dates if that suits you and them.

Do you have travel insurance and is the cancellation one that would be covered?

"but for some reason" doesn't help.

when i accidentally book with booking. com, with none refund rates, if i quickly call up there very understanding and let you cancel it, it all. depends on the person, as i would of thought most will let u cancel within calling up straight away

Speak to your card issuer. My Amex covers me for change of mind ect ...

If it’s a non refundable room then by booking it you will have agreed to the terms and conditions. You could ask if they can change the dates as a gesture of goodwill but you have no right to a refund, sorry.

Just as a FYI , I know it’s not going to help you but booked a train journey in Austria non-refundable and they gave me a ten minute window after confirmation to change my mind. Why can’t other websites do the same for hotel rooms etc? Or have an option to say are you sure with the dates clearly displayed.

I find that some websites do not clearly show all the information at confirmation time.

sydney87119 m ago

Just as a FYI , I know it’s not going to help you but booked a train j …Just as a FYI , I know it’s not going to help you but booked a train journey in Austria non-refundable and they gave me a ten minute window after confirmation to change my mind. Why can’t other websites do the same for hotel rooms etc? Or have an option to say are you sure with the dates clearly displayed. I find that some websites do not clearly show all the information at confirmation time.

Every site offers that facility - just wait 10 minutes before clicking confirm booking

under what term are they claiming excludes this contract from the consumer contracts regs on distance selling?

maddogb31 m ago

under what term are they claiming excludes this contract from the consumer …under what term are they claiming excludes this contract from the consumer contracts regs on distance selling?

under the same terms that you cant cancel most airline bookings etc

Exemptions There are some contracts where you won’t have a right to cancel a service. For example, hotel bookings, flights, car hire, concerts and other event tickets, or where the trader is carrying out urgent repairs or maintenance.

chocci32 m ago

under the same terms that you cant cancel most airline bookings …under the same terms that you cant cancel most airline bookings etcExemptions There are some contracts where you won’t have a right to cancel a service. For example, hotel bookings, flights, car hire, concerts and other event tickets, or where the trader is carrying out urgent repairs or maintenance.

the answer was "section 28 Consumer Contracts Regulations"
:P
bit of a silly inclusion that, like they protect you from impulse spending £5 on Ebay but not drunkenly blowing £10,000 on a hotel booking two years away....

Original Poster

THAnks everyone 😊 Much appreciated.
I have another question.
what if i ask my bank for the purchase payment protection?? And i was charged on my debit card.

gohersohail2 h, 50 m ago

THAnks everyone 😊 Much appreciated. I have another question.what if i …THAnks everyone 😊 Much appreciated. I have another question.what if i ask my bank for the purchase payment protection?? And i was charged on my debit card.

Purchase payment protection is for faulty, fraudulent or non-delivery of goods. You can't claim just for changing your mind.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions