Groups
    EXPIRED

Need help / advice on a faulty Nintendo DS

Darling daughter seems to have knackered hers again somehow.

You can switch it on, but nothing happens on either screen. Stays black. Promises me she hasn't dropped it (like last time when she cracked the bottom screen on Xmas Day !!)

Any suggestions? Have Google'd it but no joy.

Please help if you can, for some rep. Thanks.

8 Comments

have u got the receipt? if so take it back to the shop if there is no obvious sign of damage i am sure they will replace or send off to get fixed (depending how long you have had it and where it was purchased)

...Flicker at all when you switch it on?

If it looks ok apart from it not working i'd take it back.

option.1

buy a new one from asda unscrew the case and switch the bits keeping the slightly damaged outer casing and the good inside but return the shiny ds with the burst electronics inside.

let me know if it works never tried it but well i wouldnt last long in prison.

option 2

buy a new one and a piece of rope and tie one end to your kids wrist and the other to the ds, because kids fib, i used to be one.

im sure if you had a receipt you would of got a new one already.

Original Poster

Unfortunately, the one she got given on Xmas day, (and broke on the same day !!!!!!) was repaired by Nintendo and sold on. Whilst it was away getting fixed, I got her another one from here but no idea of seller or anything. Not even sure if I still have receipt from Xmas day one.

If you've been using flash carts there's every chance it's blown a fuse...

Flodd;5989236

That happens? :oops:

Met-Cast;5989478

That happens? :oops:

All the time... I've got through 2 consoles. Lucily Argos have no idea what causes it and repair them FOC.

Original Poster

Flodd;5989236

Erm, maybe :oops: But we have three of the DS's at home, and thisa is actually the newest one. :thinking:
    How do I check?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?712
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1721
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764394
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846242

See more discussions