Need help backing up a new asus Eeepc 1001PX

Can anyone help!
I'm setting up a new Eeepc for friends daughter's xmas box & i'm having trouble making a restore disc.
I ain't got a external dvd writer or a 16GB flash drive, All i have is blank dvd's & a 500GB portable hard drive.
Will we have to get a flash drive or is there another way?
Thankyou.....

6 Comments

see if the routine can drop the images to the ext hdd so you can burn them on another machine
Edited by: "maddogb" 20th Dec 2010

Original Poster

maddogb

see if the routine can drop the images to the ext hdd so you can burn … see if the routine can drop the images to the ext hdd so you can burn them on another machine

thanks maddog, I will give it a shot.

use ghost2003 make and image of C: and store(save it to the 2nd partition) choose high compression, as well as doing what you want if you get access to an ext dvd writer . If it fails switch to IDE emulated mode in bios instead of AHCI then switch back to AHCI before booting back into operating system
Edited by: "dontasciime" 20th Dec 2010

Original Poster

dontasciime

use ghost2003 make and image of C: and store(save it to the 2nd … use ghost2003 make and image of C: and store(save it to the 2nd partition) choose high compression, as well as doing what you want if you get access to an ext dvd writer . If it fails switch to IDE emulated mode in bios instead of AHCI then switch back to AHCI before booting back into operating system

Thanks dontasclime. Would it be possible to copy the image from the D drive to my ext H/D just as a backup until i buy a 16GB flash drive after xmas, i'm worried incase the H/D fails & we are left in the lurch & going the disc way means somewhere down the line i'm going to need a ext dvd
These netbooks should be supplied with a disc Asus dropped the ball here. At least if you had a disc it's peace of mind,if the worst did happen
I will give both these options a go, A BIG thankyou to both of you..Merry christmas.;)

if the hdd fitted is a seagate/maxtor one, u can use the the free download from seagate, discwizard to image to the ext hdd
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?56
    2. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam11
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1415
    4. Pink Balls612

See more discussions