Need help buying <£50 headset for gaming

Posted 14th Jun
Promised my brother if he did enough work i’d buy him a headset and here we are. I’m aware that people often recommend getting a dedicated mic and headset separately but for him I know he’s me just wants it to be a gaming headset. I’m not wanting to spend more than £50 as it’s not all that serious, just need it to be good quality and last at least a few years. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Turtle beach do some good budget headsets at that price and a bit less. you wouldn’t be disappointed..
Bargainhead14/06/2020 09:53

Turtle beach do some good budget headsets at that price and a bit less. …Turtle beach do some good budget headsets at that price and a bit less. you wouldn’t be disappointed..

I bought the Turtle Beach recon 70 about 6 months ago. Would not recommend. The volume control is very unreliable. The feeling reminds me of the volume control from the £5 cassette Walkmans back in the day.
Hyperx cloud stinger, RAZR Kraken lite, astro A10's, steel series artic 1. You won't go wrong with any of them. All can be had under £50.

Edit, some of these support 7.1 surround which is applicable to pc and PS4 and not Xbox. Whether 7.1 is a deciding factor or is even noticeable at all, just thought I'd add since description doesn't say which console or pc.
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 14th Jun
MadeDixonsCry14/06/2020 10:48

I bought the Turtle Beach recon 70 about 6 months ago. Would not …I bought the Turtle Beach recon 70 about 6 months ago. Would not recommend. The volume control is very unreliable. The feeling reminds me of the volume control from the £5 cassette Walkmans back in the day.

Maybe you were unlucky, I had a set of turtle beach for £35 found very good for price for Xbox. I use steelseries arctis 7 for pc and they are fantastic for range and battery life but a different price level..
STRICKIBHOY14/06/2020 10:52

Hyperx cloud stinger, RAZR Kraken lite, astro A10's, steel series artic 1. …Hyperx cloud stinger, RAZR Kraken lite, astro A10's, steel series artic 1. You won't go wrong with any of them. All can be had under £50.Edit, some of these support 7.1 surround which is applicable to pc and PS4 and not Xbox. Whether 7.1 is a deciding factor or is even noticeable at all, just thought I'd add since description doesn't say which console or pc.

Hey, really appreciate the list! Astro’s are a bit more expensive than the other three but the razer, hyperx and steelseries look perfect, just need to pick which is the best of the three now
Susbin14/06/2020 11:19

Hey, really appreciate the list! Astro’s are a bit more expensive than the …Hey, really appreciate the list! Astro’s are a bit more expensive than the other three but the razer, hyperx and steelseries look perfect, just need to pick which is the best of the three now

You can get the Astros for under £50 no problem. There honestly isn't much between them, I'd look into what's more comfortable wearing for longer periods. Glad to help
Pro4-70? Pro4-80?
ali1319614/06/2020 14:53

Pro4-70? Pro4-80?

Sorry should’ve mentioned but it’s for pc
ended up going with the steelseries arctis 1P! reviews looked good and since i had some love2shop vouchers i only paid £20
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants