Groups

need help buying lego!!

Hello, I'd like to buy myself some lego to make and keep as a display piece, where is the best place to buy? Also I like Star Wars and avengers, but seem to be struggling to find any that would look cool. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

14 Comments

You mean a single use Lego kit, or general Lego to build your own design model??

If the latter, try buying Qbricks instead, identical to Lego, but half the price, and research other peoples Lego models for ideas.

Original Poster

Sorry I meant like a Star Wars lego kit that comes with instructions, I'm rubbish at being creative, would never be able to build my own thing lol.

How's about these? Google lego architecture. Great pieces ideal for display.

The lego sets for ages 16+ are great. Really the,outed by the London Bridge set

Original Poster

Brilliant thanks a lot will have a look through them. Is John Lewis a good place to get them?

They'll price match anyone

What's your budget? The Star Wars Lego Ultimate Collectors Series are fantastic display sets. Not cheap though.
    Edited by: "ipswich78" 4th Dec 2016

Go on LEGO, have a browse through the themes etc. Some sets are exclusive to LEGO stores however. For somebody new to LEGO I'd recommend getting a couple of cheaper builds to start with - then if you enjoy them then look at the larger, more expensive builds i.e. Slave 1. I'm relatively new to collecting but it's a helpful community if you ask around etc.

Also Toys R Us have a current promotion for a £20 gift card to spend on LEGO if you spend over £75 on LEGO. Also LEGO have a promotion on too for a Snow Globe with purchases over £60. Toys R Us price match with any retailers too. Hope you find a good build to get you started - you'll be hooked afterwards so prepare your wallet!

lego technic are good if your into any cars etc, I have a f1 lego car on display

Original Poster

I don't really have a budget as long as it looks cool when finished, quite interested in the millennium falcon, but it doesn't look that great when it's made. Any ideas?

crawford1505

I don't really have a budget as long as it looks cool when finished, … I don't really have a budget as long as it looks cool when finished, quite interested in the millennium falcon, but it doesn't look that great when it's made. Any ideas?

X wings are a good build.

Original Poster

jamessscarroll

X wings are a good build.

There is so many different types aren't there?! Which one do you have?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?410
      2. Good Sim only deals??59
      3. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)1323
      4. What's the best gas and electric deals about ?55

See more discussions