Need help choosing a 4k TV with a £400 budget

Found 1st Jun
I know enough about TVs and 4k to understand that the less I pay the worse the image is, knowing this, my 1080p TV broke earlier today and I'm looking for a replacement. I have seen several deals on HUKD and I'm confused trying to pick the best one for my budget. The most bang for buck is the target here, I only need it for watching TV in the living room, no gaming etc. I'd like it to watch the football and that's it really, everything else is a bonus.

Any guidance would be appreciated. thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskElectronicsTV4K TV
12 Comments
with that budget I'd stick to 1080p. 4k isnt really required unless you have ultra HD subs/gaming/youtube 4k etc.

Plus cheap 4k sets can have terrible motion blur.

What size are you looking at? Anything below 55 inch is really not worth getting 4k, and 65/75 is where is really starts making a difference.

You could get a decent ish 1080p 55inch set for £400
BMOLE23 m ago

with that budget I'd stick to 1080p. 4k isnt really required unless you …with that budget I'd stick to 1080p. 4k isnt really required unless you have ultra HD subs/gaming/youtube 4k etc.Plus cheap 4k sets can have terrible motion blur.What size are you looking at? Anything below 55 inch is really not worth getting 4k, and 65/75 is where is really starts making a difference.You could get a decent ish 1080p 55inch set for £400

I do have Sky Q so I have access to the 4K channels provided on that (which I'd like to use since I pay for it!) And obviously 4K Netflix (although limited currently) would be something I'd try out.

The size as you mentioned would be around 50 since that's all I can afford, I'm looking for an immediate fix because it's the living room TV as I mentioned (I think) and would like to get something in quickly enough. The world cup being broadcasted in 4k as well as BT sports ultra is enough for me to consider it, but again you seem more clued up than I am!

What are your thoughts with the additional info?
Edited by: "craigthackerx" 1st Jun
You can get a 55'' 4K TV for your budget click.
Samsung UE40MU6400 for £419 (6 years warranty from Richer Sounds or 5 years from John Lewis) has good reviews. The sales people at both JL and RS recommended it over any of the similar priced LG TVs as well.

I have been looking at it for a while myself, but am holding out for a better price.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 1st Jun
Ah if you have access to 4k content then its probably worth looking at some 4k sets.

At least you are aware that just having 4k doesnt immediately mean its going to be superb quality.

Id be looking at certifiied refurb sets on ebay at this price.

12 month warranty.
With hisense TVs they are the best budget 4k sets out there imo. They are not perfect and they are far from a well known company like lg, sony or Samsung but best bang for buck.
I recently bought a LG43UJ670V from Richer Sounds for £349 on special offer at the time, and I'm pretty impressed with it, I think it's around £379 at the moment which I think is good value if you add in the 6 year warranty that comes with it.
SUMMONER1 h, 16 m ago

Samsung UE40MU6400 for £419 (6 years warranty from Richer Sounds or 5 …Samsung UE40MU6400 for £419 (6 years warranty from Richer Sounds or 5 years from John Lewis) has good reviews. The sales people at both JL and RS recommended it over any of the similar priced LG TVs as well.I have been looking at it for a while myself, but am holding out for a better price.

£335.20 here.
Thank you for all the advice! The Samsung that SUMMONED and RiverDragon8 sounds tempting since my last TV was Samsung and I was happy with the quality

I'll do some thorough research tomorrow but this looks like the one for me! Thanks alot guys/girls
It might be possible to fix it for under £400. You never know.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions