Need help choosing a digital camera please!!!

20 replies
Found 11th Jun 2010
I am looking to spend around £150 for a digital camera but I am finding it hard to choose as there are so many.

The one I have kinda chosen for now is this one:

comet.co.uk/sho…CEH

It has the panoramic feature which is why I am drawn to it at the moment.

Can anyone recommended something which is better value for money? Or does anyone have this camera themselves?

Any help would be much appreciated.

19 Comments

hotukdeals.com/ite…ed-

i got this and im happy, it does the panoramic multi shot and stich together stuff too

I highly recommend the Panasonic Lumix TZ6 :

amazon.co.uk/gp/…294

Excellent reviews. Top product in my opinion.

So myself and AgentSingh have recommended theTZ6 so there is your winner!

moorey7;8817390

So myself and AgentSingh have recommended theTZ6 so there is your winner!

Good way of putting things mate! To be fair, there's been no competition for Panasonic lately. I'd stay away from Sony personally - the image quality isn't all its made out to be, but thats my opinion!

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

Does is matter that the Panasonic is 10MP and the Sony is 14MP?

ukdeals;8817519

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. Does is matter that the … Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. Does is matter that the Panasonic is 10MP and the Sony is 14MP?

The more megapixels you have, the bigger you can enlarge the photo without seeing any distortion (in theory anyway). A typical 6 x 4 photo can only display 2.2MP, regardless of what camera you use to take it. Your choice entirely, but with 2 recommendations for the same camera (without me even realising the other person had recommended the same) this should indicate the one to go for!

Banned

Panoramic modes are overrated if you ask me.

i have just bought the panasonic lumix FS30 and it's amazing! it cost me £146 delivered from buyacamera.co.uk
it's 14 megapixel and has 8x optical zoom and i'm soooo pleased with it!
the picture quality is brilliant!

heres a link

buyacamera.co.uk/xse…TVQ

Original Poster

I like the look of that one, I might go for it. So the panoramic mode isn't a big plus point then?

ukdeals;8817862

I like the look of that one, I might go for it. So the panoramic mode … I like the look of that one, I might go for it. So the panoramic mode isn't a big plus point then?

which one?

Original Poster

The panasonic lumix FS30

Just remember Mega pixels are not everything , more MP does not mean better pictures.

ukdeals;8817994

The panasonic lumix FS30

good choice :thumbsup:
i'm really happy with mine

BTW it may be worth shopping around to see if you can find a better price, i bought mine a couple of weeks ago now and prices change so often

megapixels mean bot-all.

all they tend to mean is a bigger file therefore more time to download/send etc.

the size/quality of the image sensor, linked to the quality of the lens, is far more important.

I'm an ardent fan of the TZ series, I have a TZ1 and it's great.

Banned

scrumpypaul;8820320

megapixels mean bot-all.all they tend to mean is a bigger file therefore … megapixels mean bot-all.all they tend to mean is a bigger file therefore more time to download/send etc. the size/quality of the image sensor, linked to the quality of the lens, is far more important. I'm an ardent fan of the TZ series, I have a TZ1 and it's great.

best advice so far. my 3 year old Fuji F20 takes excellent pictures but is only 6.3MP and cost £50

Banned

deanos;8818109

Just remember Mega pixels are not everything , more MP does not mean … Just remember Mega pixels are not everything , more MP does not mean better pictures.

More mega pixels + decent sensor and lens = better pictures.

Original Poster

Mellow Yellow;8820541

I have ]this, great little camera and particularly good at low light … I have ]this, great little camera and particularly good at low light shots if that's your thing?

Looks good but I went for the Lumix FS30. Thanks very much guys!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Android pay set up55
    2. How Much are CEX offering for SNES mini?2841
    3. Whey protien620
    4. Virgin media notice55

See more discussions