Groups
    EXPIRED

need help choosing tv

I am purchasing a new tv however I am kind of stuck of what brand is best. I will be buying the tv from argos where I have two in mind the 1st is a toshiba 48" led full hd tv and the other a lg 47" led full hd tv they are both within £10 of each other however the toshiba cheaper. Any advice would be appreciated! !

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

12 Comments

I own a Toshiba and an LG television and the Toshiba is far better than the LG. The sound quality is better and also the picture quality.

Check out John Lewis , they'll pricematch (if they stock that model) and give you a Free 5 year Warranty .

Original Poster

rogparki

Check out John Lewis , they'll pricematch (if they stock that model) and … Check out John Lewis , they'll pricematch (if they stock that model) and give you a Free 5 year Warranty .

I would but I dont have the funds to pay for it in full so im putting on argos card

Samsung

Interest free credit available also can defer payment for 12 months interest free. 10% off new customers; very.co.uk/ele…end

Why are you buying from Argos? They are not the best place to buy a quality tv from - they generally only have the lower spec tv's. Samsung is probably the top brand.

Original Poster

Bigfootpete

Why are you buying from Argos? They are not the best place to buy a … Why are you buying from Argos? They are not the best place to buy a quality tv from - they generally only have the lower spec tv's. Samsung is probably the top brand.

argos wouldnt be my first choice tbh but im using my cousins argos card to get it as my old tv has just broke, I dont realy have enough money to pay for it in full as I have other thing to pay for as well. so atm its the quickest and most convenient way to get one at the minute.

LG all the way. The LG is sold on many many different sites and gets good reviews, the Toshiba is only sold at a coupl really and finding reviews seems to be tricky. 216 reviews for the LG on amazon

LG for me. Do Toshiba actually make their tv's these days or are they yet another company taken over by Vestel. I know for a fact their smaller tv's are not made by Toshiba and are Vestel clones. For me it would be a company which designed the flat screen in the first place and sold it to others. That will be LG. Had 3 of them and wouldn't have anything else at your budget with exception to Samsung. I bought the cheapest LG 47" 3 years ago and it's a very good tv. Cost me £550 and doing well. The Toshiba is cheaper for a reason and would never be on my shopping list as a main tv.

There is also this samsung which is same price as the LG

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

or this LG Smart TV for a little more. This would be my choice.

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

The LG you originally posted has been reduced. Now £399.99 See link below. Absolutely no contest between this and the Toshiba. LG all the way as it's not TOSH

argos.co.uk/sta…htm
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Dashcam question58
      2. 4K tv with HDR good deal?11
      3. Battery drain on iOS 111213
      4. Extractor fan blown? (excuse the pun)11

See more discussions