Groups
    EXPIRED

Need Help comparing TV's

Really don't know what i'm looking for so thought someone on here could help me.

I had a claim re my tv Kids :-(

Anyway bought tv approx 5yrs ago and paid £1600 for it insurance company are offering £499 less £200 xs but the are directing me to this tv as similar spec are they correct.

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

I had this tv
    trustedreviews.com/Son…iew

Is this a fair comparison know nothing about tv's bought dearest one I could afford at the time so any help would be appreciated

2 Comments

Technically the TV the Insurance company are offering is a better specification than the one you had. Your's was a 720p model and this is a 1080p (higher definition). That said, TV's have come done in price and increased in specification massively over the last 5 years so a like for like replacement is a bit of a con. You bought a state of the art TV and you may be able to argue a state of the art replacement.

My first stop would be a Sony shop. Tell them what you had and ask them what the current equivalent model is. The worst the insurance company can do is say no.

Original Poster

Paulnug

Technically the TV the Insurance company are offering is a better … Technically the TV the Insurance company are offering is a better specification than the one you had. Your's was a 720p model and this is a 1080p (higher definition). That said, TV's have come done in price and increased in specification massively over the last 5 years so a like for like replacement is a bit of a con. You bought a state of the art TV and you may be able to argue a state of the art replacement.My first stop would be a Sony shop. Tell them what you had and ask them what the current equivalent model is. The worst the insurance company can do is say no.

Thanks Paul, but think they only have to replace like for like as it is for now :-(
    Edited by: "elaine32" 9th Jun 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians2438
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261381
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.411
      4. word association Game74044574

See more discussions